Just for fun all 12 Birthstone Doilies (Publishing update)

Katchkan

What an awful lot of TALENT!! This is something you can definitely be proud of!

Good Luck on the publisher search!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kathy, you are so talented! I'm sure you will find a publisher. Your work is too beautiful to pass by! Like several of the other ladies, I think all of the doilies are lovely, but I have a favorite. It will be the first one I make once your doilies are published. :) Congratulations on a job well done. :clap:yay:clap

• 1 month later...

Lady, you astound me! Those doilies are simply spectacular! I've got to get my mother to this forum so she can see those. She has made quite a few doilies. I stand in awe of the thread crocheters.

• 1 month later...

Just thought all of you would like to know that 6 of these doilies are going to be Published by Annies Attic. They are putting them in a book called Old Fashioned Doilies. They may add 2 others to it but that is not definite yet. I have no idea when the Book will be out. The six that are going to be published are

Opal Pineapple and Rose,

Ruby Dreams,

Topaz Temptations,

Aquarmarie Stardust,

Sapphire Enchantments,

and Treasured Turquoise,

They may be adding the Josephine Rose and the Harvest Dance.

As you can well imagine I am very excited about this. I do want to Thank all of the people who have tested for me. You have been great. A few of the doilies I am reworking for them in different color schemes. So have been busy with that here lately.

Hi Kathy,

Congratulations on getting your work accepted for publication. I know that book will be a hit, beautiful designs. Keep us posted when the book is released. Best of luck for future works my dear.

Hugs

Ferosa

It's so good to see you back, Kathy.:manyheart Your doilies are all stunning. I wish that they had decided to publish every one.:yes

Ahh... Kathy. So happy for you. :hug We all knew that the patterns would be published and I hope to be one of the first to buy it!

Congrats! :yay To bad the publisher was a dummy :rolleyes and didn't accept every single one of the patterns. All of us here in the Ville love them and we aught to know!!!!

I wish that they had decided to publish every one.:yes

I agree. You had come up with the beautiful doilies and the marketing scheme for them. It was very catchy...can't believe the publisher didn't go for it.

Many congratulations, Kathy. Your work is just so beautiful. You deserve it! And I can't wait to see it in the stores. (I will be buying two -- one for me and one for my mom, who's made a bajillion doilies in her 78 years.)

Congratulations. And the good news is because they didn't buy your concept, you can design a 6 more patterns and sell them to a different publisher. They are beautiful - great job.

Congrats to you Kathy. :cheer

I am so glad to hear which ones are being published. As everyone has said, it is a shame they did not do them as a year in Dolies, but I guess they know what they are doing.:think

Yes, please keep us informed as to the name of the book and the date. :hook

Archived