Who's your favorite person to crochet for?

Teesachu

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have to say me. No one has come to me asking for handmade projects and at this point I've got enough clothing projects already planned for me that I would have to do a little juggling to do projects for anyone else.

I like crocheting for me the most. Then my kids appreciate what I make as well as my dad and my MIL. My sister really liked the scarf I made her for Christmas so I think she will be fun to crochet for this year. I can make her scarf after scarf :)

I enjoy making things for my family especially the children. We are a large family I have 10 cousins, two sisters and a brother we reange in age from Me (almost 34) to a younger cousin who is 16 (the same age as my son)

now there are my four children, my niece and nephew, and the cousins have a total of 9 children they rang ein age from my son at 16 to the newest member born two days sfter this past christmas. so we only buy for the kids at the holidays and pick an adult name. The last few years my family has fought over who wants to be picked by me so they can see what i come up with next. But the reactions from the kids are my whole reason for creating. They are all so appreciative adn so expressive, That I adore making things and creating things for them just to see their reactions.

Right now my favorite to make things for is my sister. She is moving from a warm climate to cold, so I have sent scarves and a shawl, plus buying a new house so I am making an afghan, dishclothes and doilies for a "house warming" box for her. We are a military family and I haven't lived in my hometown for 20 years, but my sister has always stayed close to home. This has been her dream for a long time and she is really excited about moving, but most of the family is unsupportive and critical. I want to give her as much support as I can (even though I don't live close) and making her special things for her new home has been my top priority!

Me first, then my daughters next, then for my family and friends after that. My boys don't care too much for it, though they like scarves and hats and balls/hackeysacks. My hubby is still waiting for his sweater and afghan, but I am miss instant gratification so maybe for our 10th anniversary? :lol

I love to make things for my kids, and the other babies in the family. Everyone seems to like what I make. I don't think I have ever had someone say they didn't like it. Even with my first project. A Carebear that is falling apart. The kids still love it. And my in-laws think that I'm very talented because of it.

My favorite recipient is definately my son. He's the most honestly adoring of my work. (And I say that because he's not old enough to be polite. :lol ) I make him hats, hats for his stuffed bear, and I just finished up an ami turtle. Well, he said it was finished. I didn't get to put a face on it before he took it. LoL

I like making Etaria's angel song dress pattern and giving it away to moms of little cuties because they absolutely cannot believe how beautiful they are, and they have no idea how easy it really was!

• 3 weeks later...

I get great satisfaction out of making blankets for Project Linus. It makes my heart feel good.

As far as people I know, I haven't really gifted many people. I'd probably have to say my mom though. She really does love anything I give her that I made, no matter what art form. We have lots of fun choosing patterns and working on sewing projcts together. My DH loves it whenever I make a new blanket though, because they're some of the only ones long enough for him!

My 3 year old son! He has to sleep with the ton of stuffies I have made for him! LOL He's going to need a king size bed before this is over with. He looks at everything I'm making and says ooooooo pretty! And he gives all the criiters hugs!

i love crocheting for my grandkids, family and friends. mostley i like to crochet for everyone. i love to crochet period:hook :hook :hook :hook

Archived