First fulled purse

FelixLake

I needed a new purse and I couldn't find one I liked so I decided to 'hop on the band wagon' and try fulling. I'm not finished yet, I plan to add a magnetic snap or some other closure to the top. The pattern is my own using all hdc. I was going to continue fulling it but I decided I liked the size it is now. It was really easier than I thought it would be.

I hope you enjoy!

Here it is before:

crochet007.jpg

And here it is after, with a close up:

crochet008.jpg

crochet009.jpg

Thanks all,

Tamara, when I made the strap I crochet the long way from one side to the other. I think it was a chain of about 150. I then did 6 rows of hdc attaching the strap on both sides as I went along. I noticed that while the purse did shrink in the fulling process, the strap did not shrink that much. I like long handles, but this on might be a little bit too long for me.

Thanks all, I didn't realize the colors weren't showing properly. It is actually dark brown and beige, not black and white. It's hard to get colors to come out right in pics and on the computer.

Thanks again all. I'm already thinking of other things I can make and full.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took so long to reply about the kind of yarn I used, but I couldn't find what I had done with the left overs.

I used Bernat Lana, 100% Marino Wool. The colors were chocolate & natural. It was soft to work with and fulled beautifully.

i love this~ it's so amazing how felting can change a piece. i'm STILL not brave enough to just "do it"--but this gives me great inspiration. great job. and i like the long strap!

Go for it Moomrhythm...You will have a ball.I just finished my first purse and I love it. I only had to put it through one cycle of the washer. It was really huge when I was making it but it shrunk down to a perfect size. I did it in very loose crochet with a J hook. I used Patons Classic Wool Merinoand it worked up very well. All the while I was crocheting it I kept thinking about what pattern I wanted to do next.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived