Wanna bust some stash?

thecrochetdude

Tara: I can sure identify with the "size" thingy. Getting the granny SQUARE and 12 inches is a bit tricky for me. Now....I tend to measure the square as I go instead of when I finish it. If I am waaaaaay short I know I can add a row of double crochet (adds a bit over an inch to the size using 4 ply yarn and an H hook). If I am getting close to the size and still have a couple of rows to go for the pattern but know it will be too big, I will drop a row from the pattern, measure again and then add a SC or HDBL depending on what it is turning out to be. I have found I must crochet FUNNY 'cause the patterns I have tried from the HMB site RARELY turn out exactly the same when "I" make them :think . Oh Well, it is still good fun and a great cause.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He, my sister crochets so much tighter than I do, that even though she made all, uh triplecrochet stitches?, and I only made doubles, her square still had a row or two more than mine whan they both measured 12 inches. :eek :eek :eek

I don't really have a problem with a granny square. Simple squares I seem to do okay with. It's the more detailed squares that are driving me insane!!!:yell Like this one http://www.heartmadeblessings.org/patterns/dreamcatcher.asp (came out 14") or this one: http://www.geocities.com/cdjsimon/cygnus.html (came out 10x11)

I like to be challenged with a pattern. Simple granny squares won't hold my attention. I recently taught myself how to knit and have found gauge is extremely important with knitting wearables. Now my gauge obsession has transferred to my crochet and I can't seem to make ANYTHING to gauge!:bang

I'm going to try the pattern Drew suggested to see if I can at least make a square that's 12". But any help with why I might be having such a hard time with the above two links would be greatly appreciated. I've been fighting this problem for years. It'd be nice to finally be able to fix this glitch I've got.

Hey guy, I sent you a couple of PM's in the past few days checking on the package.

I haven't heard back. Just wanted to know if it has arrived yet. I mailed it priority mail 7 days ago today----I am beginning to think of priority mail as just a big rip off.

Please answer if you will, I am begining to become worried about the package. You are just 2 states from me, and I am on the southern border of my state at that.

UPDATE: IT HAS ARRIVED :yay :yay

Priority mail is just as slow as regular mail----I didn't know that---now I do. It took 7 days from southern KY to Texas. That sure isn't 2 to 3 day priority mail in my book. I would like to know if there is a faster way. Do any of you know of one?

Wow! I've never had a problem with Priority Mail. Sorry to hear it took so long. Maybe next time, you could try UPS? Ground takes about 5 days, but the tracking is so much better, and it's automatically insured, up to $100.

UPDATE: IT HAS ARRIVED :yay :yay

Priority mail is just as slow as regular mail----I didn't know that---now I do. It took 7 days from southern KY to Texas. That sure isn't 2 to 3 day priority mail in my book. I would like to know if there is a faster way. Do any of you know of one?

---------------

I don't usually have problems with priority mail, but a few years ago, I sent something priority, and it took about 10 days to get where it was going. I went to the PO to ask about it, and their response was that it isn't guaranteed, so no refund, nothing they can do about it.

I think Priority Mail is a good marketing campaign to get us to pay lots more for post. Now I only use it for larger packages, since that way tends to be more cost effective.

Drew -- Have you received the two squares I sent around February 9? I don't see my name on your roster.

Beth in Waterloo, ON

Hi Beth,

I've processed all the squares that I've received. Did you happen to tag the squares? If not then it's possible they arrived and I didn't know who they were from. If you did tag them then I don't think they've arrived yet. :think

I included a business card in the package. Oblong card from Quarry Integrated Communications with Beth Graham on it. (You do have an entry for Graham on your list on the blog, so I wonder it that's me!)

No worries -- I'm sure they got there.

Beth

I totally agree 100%, but I am just relieved to know that Drew got them---is what counts :hook

[quote:

I think Priority Mail is a good marketing campaign to get us to pay lots more for post. Now I only use it for larger packages, since that way tends to be more cost effective.

Guest Catlizg

Okey doke - I'll start working on some. Joann has a nice sale on Red Heart this week in some of my favorite colors. I'm kinda new at this so they can be simpler granny squares (as long as I follow your posted rules) right?

Okey doke - I'll start working on some. Joann has a nice sale on Red Heart this week in some of my favorite colors. I'm kinda new at this so they can be simpler granny squares (as long as I follow your posted rules) right?

That's right! And we loooooove the simple granny squares. So pretty!

:bounce

• 1 month later...

last month i sent a box with 7 or 8 squares from myself

mbcindy and azjudy --- i was wanting to make sure you got them- :cheer ---hope they did not get lost in the mail---please let me know if you got them!!!!!

thanks

cindy

Archived