Wanna bust some stash?

thecrochetdude

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, Dude!

I wanted to make you a square, but your square-requirements really left me thinking, which spurred this thread:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=313662#post313662

Do you require 4-ply yarn because of the thickness or the durability? I don't want to send you the wrong kind of thing. :)

Hey Dude. :)

I just sent you a square, but I was in such an awful hurry that I forgot to tag it. But I wrote the sender on the envelope, so maybe you can just use that?

Anyway, if there's any yarn in that square that you don't think is right, please just tell me. There's some old stuff in there, some of it is from my grandmum's stash, which could easily be 30 years old. It seemed okay, though.

I hope it's okay, because I almost finished the next one already. :lol

Punch a hole in the tag and just tie it on with some yarn. :bounce

Thanks Stacy!!

Hi Drew,

I'll do that if I send more squares. I forgot about the tagging until I was at work, and didn't have extra yarn with me. So I paperclipped mine to the squares. SORRY!!

I've got a question. I'm not used to those big squares, and I'm not used to inches either. :lol

When I measure the corners it says 12 inches and maybe a couple of mm more. When I measure the middle it's at least one cm short of 12 inches.

But it must be the corners that count, right? Because you can't attach something that's longer than 12 inches to 12 inches. The middle isn't to rigid, it can be pulled in shape, so I think it should be okay.

I'm just wondering how important this is, because I like this square, and it would be a bummer to make more if it isn't up to the standard. So what do you think? It's not as wonky as it looks, I just didn't straighten it out properly. ;)

12inchsquare4uo.jpg

What do you mean? I mean the length of the side as opposed to across the middle of the square, but not diagonally. I hope I haven't been doing it wrong. :lol

He, okay, me too. :lol

But if I move further toward the corners, it's wider. So the question is which measure I should go with. :)

He, okay, me too. :lol

But if I move further toward the corners, it's wider. So the question is which measure I should go with. :)

:) Whatever is closer to 12 :lol Are you laughing at my drawing :(:lol JK

Hi Drew,

Read your original post (on your blog) about kinds of yarn. Caron was one mentioned.. is Simply Soft ok to use also? I ask because it's slightly smaller to me than RedHeart.

I also read todays post about receiving 90 squares! WOW.. way to go Crochetvillers and others.:cheer

Drew have you recieved my squares :think I was just wondering becuase it didn't have to go far & I sent a box I didn't know if I could to your po box ?? Not trying to be a pain but if your mail people are like mine :eek who knows where it ends up :lol OOps forgot to say they're 7 squares from Pearland :lol

I've made a serious dent in my stash now, and there's almost half a kilo of squares. But I'm not sending them yet, I still have a bit of acrylic yarn. :D

Okay, I have 649 grams of tagged squares now. Can anyone guess how many squares that is? :D

Btw, my sister made one of them.

I'll try to send them tomorrow.

I can go to bed now. :yawn

Goodnight!

:night

Okay, there's 18 squares on the way, now. I sure hope the yarn is acceptable! :lol

Good luck getting all the tape off the box. :P

Ugh! I've been trying to make a 12" square for this wonderful project. I now realize why I've stuck with making back & forth afghans for years! "In the round" has been my nemesis for years :irk I can't make a 12" square to save my life! Following patterns for 12" squares - I'm ending up with a 10" x 11" - how is this happening??? Very frustrating:bang . If I up the size of hook - I got a 14" square - sort of - more like a rectangle. I'd make them back & forth, but I really want to make the great looking squares that are started with a ring. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, as I have ALOT of stash that needs busting:blush :hook .

Ugh! I've been trying to make a 12" square for this wonderful project. I now realize why I've stuck with making back & forth afghans for years! "In the round" has been my nemesis for years :irk I can't make a 12" square to save my life! Following patterns for 12" squares - I'm ending up with a 10" x 11" - how is this happening??? Very frustrating:bang . If I up the size of hook - I got a 14" square - sort of - more like a rectangle. I'd make them back & forth, but I really want to make the great looking squares that are started with a ring. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, as I have ALOT of stash that needs busting:blush :hook .

Hi Tara,

Here is a pattern that I've been told is very easy and comes out completely square (sometimes other squares will warble or come out roundy). Check it out:

Maggie's Square by The Crochet Dude

:bounce

Archived