My DH made me a crochet hook, he loves me! added: a ty from mike :)

shelain22

Thank yall for all of the compliments! Val is gone to take the little one to the doctor so I may not figure out how to post this right. I have worked with wood before, I have made some furniture and other stuff, but never something as small as this. Poor Val, she wanted a wood hook so bad, you should have seen the one she tried, it was pitiful, but I love er anyway!Val tells me that she has had several PM's about buying these. The first 2 are keepers, she has put them in a case and wont let them go, lol. I want to practice some more before I accept money for them though, I want to do something nicer than just a strait plain hook. I am starting on one made from a deer antler, Val thinks that's cool. I will have her post pics when I am through, any advice at this point is much apreciated!

Mike

The hooks are beautiful and they look comfortable.

That is my one quirk, I guess you could call it. If it doesn't fit the hand and move smoothly through the yarn it goes in the drawer.:P

I can't wait to see the one with the antlers. My sister would love that, as my bil is a hunter.;)

Keep up the beautiful work, and will the practice, you want, it can only get better. Thank you for sharing this talent with us.:hook

I am starting on one made from a deer antler, Val thinks that's cool. I will have her post pics when I am through, any advice at this point is much apreciated!

Mike

ummm what do you do with the reindeer???:think

ummm what do you do with the reindeer???:think

First of all, its not a rain deer, we dont have those in tennessee. But it is a deer. I live in the south and hunting is a VERIY BIG thing here. My 7 and 8 yo girls have their own 12 guage and they love to hunt. Personally, I dont like it, but thats where some of the antlers come from. I have 2 very big german shephards, and I have deer parts turn up in my yard on a regular basis, I always save the antlers. Of course we dont eat the meat from what the dogs kill, but Ihave not baught ground beef, steaks, minuite steaks, tenderloin, or stew meat in the 6 years since I met dh. Its a real life saver when you are feeding 4 kids. I have seen people pick up roadkill and use it for food, I think thats just gross!

A very nice job! I've carved a couple 0f hooks from dowels too. Mine are ok...I like them... but I need some practice too lol! Especially on the throat & hook end. I think your hubby did a terrific job!

Rubbing on an old candle will make it nice & smooth to glide through the yarn. Deer antler? That's different. Not sure I'd want one of those unless I knew for certain the deer wasn't killed for my hook (not fond of hunting for sport) but I'll bet it would be very nice, like like a bone hook. If deer carcass (sp) just show up in the yard, I say go for that antler hook! They may even sell well since they would be strong like bone.

Archived