Blame it On the Slippers!

gingerchai

I have been posting for a while but never introduced myself. My name is Tracy, but i post under the name of gingerbone. I have been living in Germany for nearly five years. My age is somewhere beyond 35.

What reignited my passion for crochet was the need for a pair of slippers to wear around the house since I don't like going barefoot. I made the slippers and have been pretty much crochet obsessed ever since.

My favorite things to make are shawls and ponchos.

When I have the time I enjoy browsing the at the local yarn store Wolle Rodel on the Hauptstrasse (main street) in Heidelberg.

Well, thats it for now, I just glad to have a place to share my love of crochet.

Tracy:)h

Hi Tracy. Do you use a pattern for your shawls?

I'm thinking about (Sometime) making a shawl. I've found some nice patterns with some help here, but I like to look at all that I can. Nice to have you here! (How long did the slippers last? I've made some for my sisters, but they don't last long when they are slidding on the tile!)

Amber

I'd just like to thank everybody for the warm welcome.:bow

Amber, I haven't made up any shawl patterns yet, the one that I use the most is the simple shawl pattern. It's a very easy pattern and looks good with a long fringe. Lately I've also been looking at knitted shawls for inspiration. As for as the slippers are concerned do you make them with two strands of yarn held together? That makes them last a bit longer.

tracy

Hallo Tracy aus Deutschland!

I also live in Germany, but I live in Neu-Ulm in Bavaria. Too bad we didn't "meet" while I lived in Karlsruhe. Glad to see one more person on the board that lives in Germany.

Welcome to Crochetville!

Josie

Archived