Cell Phone Pouch

PJinNH

http://www.metrocast.net/~kelhapam/crochet/cellphonepouch.jpg

There is a story behind this cell phone pouch. Over Christmas vacation I went in for knee surgery (meniscus repair). Well seeing that I don't always have a pocket to put my cell phone in and seeing that I always wanted to have my cell phone handy when I was home alone, I made this cell phone pouch so I could wear it around my neck. It provides a snug enough fit so the cell phone doesn't slide out too easily. I'm finding that even without having to use my crutches it's handy to use.

You'll have to forgive my guilty obsession while taking this picture. ;-) Yes, I'm a Trekkie at heart -- but with eye-candy like this, who can blame me? :manyheart

H hook, Worsted weight yarn (I used Red Heart)

Chain 7

1st Round:

SC* in second chain from hook, HDC in next st, DC in next 2 sts, HDC in next st, 3 SC in last stitch, turn,

Working in unused chain loops, HDC in next st, DC in next 2 sts, HDC in next st., 2 SC in last st, and join with SC*. (this will allow for the "pouch-like" bottom of the holder)

2nd Round and beyond.

Ch 2 and HDC around joining in 2nd stitch of the chain. Continue to work until it is of sufficient length. I worked about 15 to 16 rows. Slip stitch the last row.

Neck strap:

Join the yarn on one of the edges and stitch a chain to a comfortable length join to the other side of the pouch with a couple of stitches for strength and work slip stitches back down the chain/neck strap. Upon reaching the end of the chain secure and finish off ends.

Changing the hook size will likely accommodate different size phones, or how tight you crochet.

PJ in NH

Archived