Yep, another Newbie

kaycrochay

It's taken me a week or two to remember to do this, but HI everyone!

I'm Kayla, I live in Portland, Oregon, and I've been crocheting for almost 20 years now (since I was 10 anyway). I've made tons of afghans, a few sweaters, lots of hats, and probably a million scarves (um, a little exaggeration there).

I'm also a major book fan, and switching to book on tape (or CD) has been a life-saver when I'm working on a major crochet pattern as it leaves my hands free to work, and I don't feel pressured to chose between reading and stitching. :knit Likewise, I'm a major Law and Order addict, and thanks to TNT and USA I have many hours a day to watch (er-listen) to L&O while I'm working on my latest project.

My daughter has been the main recipient of items for the last couple of years, other than the odd baby shower, but every winter I sit myself down with yarn remnants and work on "Hats for the Homeless." In a way, this benefits my daughter too since she's the one who came home with the H4H plee many years ago, and is the one to take the finished hats to school, and she learns from watching me giving time and supplies to help others. She turned 10 this year and has been trying to learn crochet, but seems to be handier with the needle, so this year she'll be contributing fleece "scrap hats" to the same program.

She and I have also been learning the love of gardening from my mother, who is a Master Gardener (from the OHSU Master Gardening program), and have spent a wonderful summer nursing along our veggies and flowers.

So, in closing of my probably too long bio, it's nice to find a forum full of other yarn addicts, and I look forward to meeting, and getting to know, all of you!!

Kayla

Guest Cupacoffee

Hi Kayla! Welcome! I'm new here at Crochetville too. You are the one that made that beautiful Tween poncho..right? I'm going to give that a try.

I enjoy reading as well..but don't do much of it these days. Books on tape are a great idea!

Again, welcome!

Annette

Archived