Insert introduction here

mybrainhurts

I never know what to say when I write these sorts of things. I don't really feel like a stranger here since I've been reading the Crochetville forums for months already. I actually joined a few months ago but never got around to posting anything since it was the holiday season and there were always a million other things to do.

I'm Da, a 31 year old married woman living in one of the suburbs around Detroit. I'm not from here, originally from Kansas, and can't say that I necessarily like the hustle and bustle that is a way of life when you live in a large metro area like this. I'd love to convince the hubby that he needs to move away from here but since this is where he's been all of his life, he's rather reluctant to move somewhere else. (stubborn man!)

I've known how to crochet since I was young. I was raised by several rather crafty women who made it a point to teach me how to do a wide variety of different fiber or fabric related crafts. I also enjoy building and decorating one inch scale dollhouses, playing lazer tag, and roleplaying. That makes me a really big geek. That's ok since I'm married to an even bigger geek. ;)

I only started making crochet clothing in the last year. I'd always thought that it would be a lot harder than it actually is. Now that I know that it's not really quite as much of a headache as I thought it would be, I'm a stitching fool who's made several sexy little tops for myself and a few friends. I'm happy that crochet has become a little more popular recently since that means that there are more patterns out there that are more up to date than something my mom wore in the 70's.

Ok. I've babbled enough. Obligitory introduction complete. It's time to get back to my crochet.

~da

Hello, it's so good to have you join us at last! I'm also a clothing crocheter although my days of sexy tops are over:dog Welcome from Palm Beach County, Florida:clap

Archived