Finally ... A Granny Square

Sakkasie

I did it, I did it! I finally made a granny square! I finally feel like a real crocheter! And it only took about 300 attempts.

"Gridlock" designed by Chris Simon and worked up in Caron's Simply Soft Brites - Watermelon.

OK, so maybe it was supposed to be 12" and mine is 9 1/2". But it's 9 1/2" all the way around!

Pict0118.jpg

very nice, april. i've never tried that one. i still do the simple traditional granny square. it doesn't matter if they aren't 12". as long as they are all the same size. i make mostly 6" or 7". i found a pattern that has a flower in the middle that i want to try when i get the time and get brave.

Nice square!

I really liked your last comment on your blog on the Hat factory entry... thought provoking and very intuitive.

:manyheart

Way to go, April! :cheer :cheer :cheer Hey, at least you finished it. As long as all the squares turn out the same size, that's all that matters, eh? (Unless you're just doing one square....) Great job!:yay

Tina

yay for you !!! now that the first one is done, you will see that you won't be able to stop. my first one was 20 years ago and I haven't stopped since, well I almost haven't stopped LOL, I was in the hospital with my second born for 6 months so I did so many that I started selling them to the nurses and the staff there, that and slippers and scarves and hats, LOL it was the most profitable hospital stay ever hahaha:c9

....And it only took about 300 attempts.....

:lol Very funny about the number of attempts (I've had the same trouble myself, which is why I appreciate the humor in your remark). That's really a sharp looking granny square too - great job! :applause

Thanks everyone for your kind words and compliments! I can certainly see where granny squares would be addictive and talk about instant gratification, they're even better than hats!

Thank you again. You guys rock. :blush

Great job - i am still new at crocheting or people would tell me that I am not- but i feel so nerveous when i finish something - i feel like its not good enough - but i am trying to get over that

you did a great job - :cheer

love the granny square and the color. where can I go to get the pattern. I plan to go to Hobby Lobby tomorrow and get yarn for a granny square exchange that I am in this month on another site the woman who is my partner in the exchange loves bright colors so I will try and find that color for the granny square. I plan to make two squares both patterns are from the 2006 Crochet Pattern a day Calendar, March 2, 2006 and July 25, 2006. I am new to crochet and was very happy about the fact that I was able to make both squares, I did a practice square from the patterns. Yes I know they are both listed as easy but I have found that some of the patterns that are listed as easy are not easy to me. Do you plan to make more squares for an afghan? If so will you make the squares the same color or use different bright colors? happy crocheting. Theresa :cheer

Yes I know they are both listed as easy but I have found that some of the patterns that are listed as easy are not easy to me. Theresa :cheer

i know what you mean, theresa. if i look at a pattern as a whole, it looks daunting. i have to look at it one stitch at a time. and sometimes i have to remember to stop and breath.:lol

Archived