Pittsburg Steelers Afghan Pattern

BarbaraJean

Question

11 answers to this question

Your son and my husband. :sigh

As for me...I'm a lifelong Cincinnati Bengals fan, so that creates some interesting moments in our household. I sorta adopted the Steelers as one of my favorite teams, though I did not appreciate what happened in the playoffs. :cry

Anyway, what were we talking about? Oh year, a Steelers afghan. (I'm answering because I just started a graph afghan of my beloved Bengals, and know that I'll eventually have to make a graph afghan of the Steelers. But not yet).

Do you think your son would appreciate an afghan in just black and gold? For Christmas, I gave my father (he and my mother instilled the love for the Bengals in all of us children) a granny square afghan in just black and orange. He throughly loved it.

As for a graph. I know that I'll eventually have to make a Steelers graph afghan for my hubby. Designing a graph shouldn't be too difficult, they have a simple emblem. I'll see what I can do.....

I did consider making a black and gold stripe afghan. In fact, I have a pattern that would be great for it but I thought that if I could find one with the Steelers emblem it would be better.

My husband is also a Steelers fan. He and my son have a great (and noisy) time watching the games together.

Hey, we're almost neighbors. I'm about 2.5 hours east of Cinncinnati! I'll be bringing some teens from my church to Cincy in March to a conference. We were there 2 years ago and I took them to the Auquarium. It's really nice!

no but i might be able to find you a seattle seahawk one:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol just kidding, sorry i wish i did know where i could find something along the line of making a ghan for my hawks , who by the way is going to bring that trophy back here to seattle where it belongs:devil :devil

My 16 year old is a huge Steelers fan. He's thrilled his team is in the Superbowl :cheer

My husband suggested today that I make a Steelers afghan for him.

Does anybody know where I might find a pattern?

no but i might be able to find you a seattle seahawk one:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol just kidding, sorry i wish i did know where i could find something along the line of making a ghan for my hawks , who by the way is going to bring that trophy back here to seattle where it belongs:devil :devil

:lol:D Either way, it's going to be a great game.

My husband is a minister so he'll be missing the first half of the game because he'll be at church. :D

Ohhhh my husband would love a Seahawks afghan!! Too bad I can't find one...He has loved that team since he was 5 (long story but the little 5-year old loved the bird emblem. LoL They've been his team ever since.) And his brother is a Steelers man so the Superbowl will be fun here. :P

Barbara Jean, I may be able to help you. Go to www.geocities.com/ldiznemom/ and click on this lady's email. Ask her if she has a Steeler afghan pattern. Many months ago I belonged to a yahoo group that she is very active in and I put in a request for a Steeler afghan pattern. I received two of them, I think from her. I would send them to you but I have no scanner, etc. to do it. I really hope this helps you. Keep us posted.

Barbara Jean, I may be able to help you. Go to www.geocities.com/ldiznemom/ and click on this lady's email. Ask her if she has a Steeler afghan pattern. Many months ago I belonged to a yahoo group that she is very active in and I put in a request for a Steeler afghan pattern. I received two of them, I think from her. I would send them to you but I have no scanner, etc. to do it. I really hope this helps you. Keep us posted.

Thank you!

Go Pittsburgh Steelers!

It was an interesting house here the year the Steelers played the Seahawks...my hubby's from Seattle, and we live in Atlanta. Go figure, huh?

Anyhow, here is a link with a really great graphic...150 stitches by 200 rows. If you right click on it and save it in your graphic/photo program, you would be able to figure it out. Of course you need to read the copyright rules. It's listed as sold, so I don't know how much the pattern costs.

I think it's beautiful!!!!

www.etsy.com/listing/8073796/crochet-patterns-pittsburgh-steelers

Archived