'Gull Wings Rose' Doily-Found the doily! (post #20)

Mom w/a Motif

I want to share a doily I made a looooong time ago. After seeing Mimi's beautiful rose doily, I dug the picture of mine out. I know this is a reaaally bad picture, it is actually a picture of a (bad) picture. I don't have the doily with me or I would take a clearer one. Sorry. :blush

th_8835d50b.jpg

I call it 'Gull Wings Rose' doily, for lack of a better name. It is a doily I bought at a 'Country Store' in Michigan about eleven years ago. I took it home and copied it. Thanks for looking. :) (Picture is clickable, but looks worse close up.) :blush

Tina

Hi Tina, its a pretty doily, I'd be looking forward for a remake of this doily!:manyheart

I can just imagine it on top of my small table, which is rectangular - but I can see from your doily that it is not so hard to make it rectangular-shaped. I would estimate I need 8 roses by 6 roses (L x W) for my table. I'm thinking when I should be making it :think there are just so many projects in my list! Thanks for posting this!:hook

Mimi I am going to have to order some threads from you so I can do a remake!! I didn't bring anything with me, except some white and red. Hmph! :grumpy

Thank you everyone. I also make runners from this pattern, too. Which can be as narrow or as wide as a person wants.

Tina

Thank you everyone. I was wondering what to do about this, because it isn't technically a copyrighted pattern, that I have ever been able to find, anyway... :think I just took it home from the store and copied it. So would I be able to post the pattern on my blog for free, then? (Once I get it re-written, my other copy is in Michigan still...) What do you think? Would it be a violation of some law? :shrug

Tina

To be honest I wouldn't feel right doing a pattern. It is not your own design. You copied someone else's work and whether it is written or a working model it is their design. I would be furious if someone did that to one of my designs.

No, sorry; I don't know how big it was. I want to say 14", but I don't have it with me.

Tina

That is very pretty,do you remember how big it was??

• 4 months later...

I found it! I've had it all along! :blush It was in one of my dresser drawers. I washed it and reblocked it. (Someone left a red marker on it. Most of it came out, but I can still see some in one of the roses.) Here it is, in person:

th_Picture873.jpg

I also have a runner in progress from this pattern I found in storage. :clap Thanks for looking. (Again.) :P

Tina

It's beautiful! Have you tried Oxi-Clean to get rid of that marker? It works so well on other stains, it's worth a try!!!

After just making my first doily, I'm jealous of your talent. :lol;)

Nucki- Don't be jealous. The middle of the doily was actually super easy. The roses and leaves are a little more advanced. Mostly just time consuming. You just finished your first doily (which turned out wonderful!) and already are improvising; that's great!

Thanks for the tip on Oxi-Clean, too. I might try that. I have another doily I washed, that was more stained than this one.

Tina

Archived