A Q on cue

jimbo

th_abighook.jpg

A fir Q i made with an underhand grip and rug hooking in mind. The curve of the handle seems (to me) to work much better than a straight one. I'm having a real time, however, designing one for pencil grippers. More on my blog.

ohhh... dangit i'm going to be late for work... but i forgot to ask for feedback on the tip of this hook.. Its just a bit elongated and kinda blunt (if you click on the picture it will enlarge). Should it have been more pointy?

And.... are there any suggestions from the pencil grippers as to what you'd like to see in a large hook grip? I've had some input that grips of much smaller diameter than the hook neck might be good, which might be do-able but might result in a kinda funny looking hook. However as they say.... form follows function.

Jim, I personally like a blunter hook but I might be an exception. I normally use Bates hooks and they are blunt anyway. I see the problem with the pencil grippers. A tapered hook might work well, and as you said, form must follow function. Your hook is beautiful.

Wow, I'm drooling over that beautiful hook, Jimbo.

For larger hooks like a Q I prefer my tip to be a bit more pointy. But I could work with that one, there is a bit of a point towards the front of the hook.

Again, that is gorgeous!

Archived