Celestial Seasonings

City Girl Cap Pattern -- Accepted to CPAD Calendar 2007!

Cute hat, Celeste! Congrats on it being published..... :-))))))

I used Fushia Baby Alpaca Wool (sooooo soft). I put some plastic (thin) in the bill to keep it from drooping....This was my trial hat prior to making one for my daughter who is picky!

city-girl-cap-chrishazzoo.jpg

Thanks for the pattern!:hug

The plastic is a good idea if you're going to substitute the yarn, for sure! I find that wool-ease is pretty easy to mold, but other kinds can be a lot droopier.

Looks good :)

I love this pattern and am dying to make one for myself, but I have a question: can anyone tell me the circumference of the finished hat? I apparently have a very large head, and lots of hat patterns don't fit me as written. I would just like to know how much to modify so it will fit my enormous noggin :lol .

Alison

That is a totally cute cap!

Awesome hat! I just made it and I love it. Thanks for the great pattern. I do have a question. I'm new to crochet and didn't check my gauge. The hat is too big. Should I just remake it or is their a way to block or felt it that will make it smaller? Thanks for any help provided.:think

great cap and grats on getting published! :cheer

I have been looking everywhere for a pattern like this. Thank you so much! My sister will be so happy~

Congratulations and thanks for a really cool pattern!

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing...it's a really cute hat.

Judy

This hat is so cute. I copied the instructions and will try my luck on making one. I haven't tried anything like this before. Thanks so much for sharing the pattern with us.:hug

Very nice hat. I think I'll try making one... =)

What a great cap! I love your designs (especially the tote...so classy and so cute). I was looking at your blog and I think I've been seduced into the idea of making the knitted entrelac scarf.

Thank you for sharing!

Okay I just started the hat this morning before I left for work. You know instead of coffee and the newspaper it is coffee and crochet. So I picked up my 2007 Calendar and cheated a bit and found the hat. I think it will be nice and popular with some of the young girls at my church.

Thanks for sharing. I was looking for this patten. Great hat.:cheer :cheer :cheer

Did anyone ever post a finsished circumference for this hat? Am I missing the post somewhere? Do you think it would fit an average size man's head?

Awesome! I'm now looking at the calendar and this post. Wow! Cool hat!! I really wanted to make it but I don't understand the stitching.. I'm new to crocheting so it makes it harder for me to understand.. Well congrats!

That is a really great cap!! Congrats on the acceptance!

Hi - I found the pattern for your cap while browsing for one. It looks lovely. Can you tell me what size it finishes to?

thanks,

Collette

:yarn