Mountaineer Crocheters? (West Virginia)

BarbaraJean

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was born there, too (New Martinsville) but haven't been back for years. When I last visited I was glad not to live in New Martinsville because there was no place but Wal Mart to buy sewing or needlework supplies. I found it difficult even for a couple of weeks! I do miss the beautiful mountains, though, since Illinois is boringly flat.

Hey there BarbaraJean!! I was born and raised in Fairmont, WV. Still live here too!!! I thought I was the only one here that was from West Virginia!!! Nice to know that there's another Mountaineer out there. Drop me a line I'd love to hear from you!!!

:manyheartNope...I'm here in WV too...but I live in the very southern part. I have some family up around Morgantown and Fairmont though. I used to visit them with my grandma when I was little. They came here every year after that until my grandma's sister passed. I live on the Virginia line. WV's southern most city!

Hey there BarbaraJean!! I was born and raised in Fairmont, WV. Still live here too!!! I thought I was the only one here that was from West Virginia!!! Nice to know that there's another Mountaineer out there. Drop me a line I'd love to hear from you!!!

Well Well Well..... Your going to DIE when you hear this.... I'm from Barracksville!!!!!!!! Dad grew up in Dakota... mom in Rivesville... Grams still lives on the hill across from the college!!! Small Small world... we go back twice a year because my home church is there where I grew up ( in Katy), and my Grams and Aunts in Bellview...

Goodness... I also HAVE to go back and get a six month supply of Pepperoni Rolls!!!!

I was born and raised in Morgantown. I am currently living in Austin, TX but we are relocating back to WV this spring. We will be moving to Petersburg, WV. My family lives there and it was important for our son to be close to his grandparents adn they live in Petersburg also. I have also lived in Parkersburg, Keyser, and Follansbee.

I have realitives in Mannington.... they work in Fairmont now but their family was in the mines there.... My grandpa died in a mine explosion in the 60's at No.9... it was horrible.... it was ont he shaft going into the mone... 78 miners died in that explosion and most were family or friends... I was only 10 at the time but it made a huge impactalot of Mannington boys were lost in that accident

I believe my FIL was talking about that while he was visiting us over the holidays. He is a retired Navy Chief and when he and my husband get together...Whew, the stories start flying! And I must say, he has some WHOPPERS! Funny thing is...they're all true. Both of my SIL's went to college in Fairmont. One has now moved to Ohio and is a math teacher, the other works at one of the banks in Fairmont. Wow!...small world huh?

Howdy Victoriarose, When my mother remarried we moved to just outside of Fairview right past No.9 road The Fairmont Times recently had a write up about the accident. Yesterday was the 1 yr anniversary of the Sago mine accident. There was a bunch of stuff on the news about it.

I was actually surprised when I saw reports on the news yesterday about Sago. It really doesn't seems that it was a year ago. It's still just so fresh in my memory. The night they found the miners I couldn't sleep for thinking about it. So I got up to watch the news and was watching as it was unfolding. I can't explain the feeling that went through me when they announced that they had been found alive... and then the horror of it all as it became clear that they had been found but not alive.

• 2 weeks later...

Lived in Baker, Hardy County for nearly 5 years. Miss the wilderness and the solitude, but don't miss the windy mountain roads or traveling 30 to 50 miles every week to shop and run errands.

Lived in Baker, Hardy County for nearly 5 years. Miss the wilderness and the solitude, but don't miss the windy mountain roads or traveling 30 to 50 miles every week to shop and run errands.

Ah, but WV is growing. There's always a Super Wal*Mart nearby.

Archived