Yet another enthusiastic new member!

MsSunflwr

Hi everyone,

I am so glad I came across this site (accidentally). It will be great to share patterns, swap yarn, and just talk crochet in general. I get the feeling that my friends are not as interested in the process, they only want the finished products :lol My boyfriend tries to act interested when I come home all excited about some new yarn that I have purchased and what I plan to do with it...but deep down, I know he doesn't share my excitement. It's funny, the best type of days for me are rainy weekends, I could sit all day and crochet while watching my favorite movies or listening to a book on tape. And if there is a road trip, I equate that to quality crochet time.

My mother taught me crocheting when I was about in the second grade. I remember making granny squares and a very long scarf for my father, but no major projects. I didn't again until about 1997 when I saw HOW TO MAKE AN AMERICAN QUILT. I wanted a quilt, but since I dont' know how to quilt, I decided to pick up the crochet hook again and give it a try. I have not put the hook down since and have taught myself to read patterns (I've come a long way).

I plan on posting photos and visiting this site very often. I am still trying to figure out all the little personal links and such and personalize my own. I'll get there.

Nina Kate

:)h Hi Nina Kate! and :welcome to our group!

Be careful... :wink we've got some some *yarn pushers* in here. :))

Welcome! I started much the same way...my mom taught me, but I didn't do anything with it, and never learned how to read patterns till I was 19. A very very nice lady on ask.com taught me enough to get me through a small thread angel pattern, and then I was hooked...pun intended.

I remember How to Make An American Quilt. I really liked that movie.

How to Make an American Quilt has got to be one of my top 3 favorite movies of all time. I've seen it at least 100 times. I don't think my boyfriend will sit through that movie again with me. :D It looks like we've got some really bad weather (Ivan) headed my way (Birmingham, AL), and I'm not supposed to know this yet, but they are closing the office Thursday and Friday. Hopefully everything will be alright and I will just get two bonus days, I can't wait to get home and try to complete a poncho I started last night.

Nina Kate

Archived