I finished Josi's Poncho!

Roli

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, after a few frogs and start-overs, I finally finished Josi's Poncho

by Josi Hannon Madera. The main problem I had was getting the starting chain accurate since I had to chain 344 and join into a ring! :eek The poncho is crocheted with Paton's Classic Merino Wool and uses mainly double triple crochet stitches. It's quite light and airy despite the heavy wool that went into making it and I LOVE the colors. This is my first show-and-tell post. What do you think?

Josipon02300x400.jpg

That is one attractive looking poncho, I bought her spiderweb skirt pattern a while back, I'm still trying to get around to making it;) You did a great job!!!!!!

I followed the pattern exactly, using the same stitches and colors, except for the starting chain. I crocheted into the back humps on the chain which made the stitches more defined, thus enabling me to count them more accurately since they had to be joined into a ring.

I don't usually like ponchos either but this one is so light and leaves my hands and arms relatively free. It's great with jeans. Thanks again for all your positive comments!:c9

I love the colors and the ribbing on that poncho. I have a love/hate relationship with ponchos! I thought I wore my last poncho back in the '70s when I was a young chickie-poo and vowed never to associate with them ever again.

Fast forward to the 00s and here I am making them left and right for people and looking for the perfect one for me. And maybe, I just found it! Thanks!

You did a wonderful job with that poncho, and it looks great on you! Love the colors and the texture. :manyheart This is a pattern I've been wanting to get too. I agree, yours really shows the details better than the one associated with the pattern. Amazing it's the same colors/material!

Etaria, that must be why I like it too...reminds me of my youth and all those college days marching in demonstrations against the war in Viet Nam!:whew

Archived