OMG! Too much yarn!

It's a good thing my husband is deployed. Because he would divorce me if he saw my stash! We have an extra bedroom that we use as a computer room for him and craft storage for me. It looks like a hurricane hit it. He just got all new uniforms and equipment and with the fury of packing the remaining stuff is everywhere! So, my son and I got 2 tall laundry baskets and piled it all in those and I realized I had more stuff than I had room! So I brought together all the bags of yarn and organized it and realized just how much I have. It's easy to make it look smaller when you have one bag here, another here. And then there was the plastic storage bin! Oh, my!

I have the same problem...I think that it is the danger of the craft. Do we really love to crochet, or are we just obsessed with the wonderful yarns? I am sure it is a bit of both. I have a hard time not buying just one more skein everytime I am in a yarn shop!

Take heart you are not alone!!

LOL lady

You are a member of the yarnaholics lol lol... :welcome

Well at least you will always have some yarn to crochet with.:hook

I won't even try to explain my stash lol.

:eek My hubby just says now what are you going to do with more yarn!

Kiki, I don't know what you are talking about. There is no such thing as too much yarn. There is, however, such a thing as not enough space. Just wanted to get that little misunderstanding all straightened out.

I'm too lazy to put the pictures here, so I'll just link you to my blog post about my stash; it has pictures:

http://bellalindacrochets.blogspot.com/2006/01/further-proof-my-hubby-loves-me.html

I'll even get super-lazy & quote myself:

My point is that I love yarn. I have yarn scattered around the house. If I look under my monitor, I see a ball of yarn. If I look on top of the file cabinet by the stairs, I see 3 balls of yarn. If I look to the left of my monitor, there's a ball of yarn. On the coffee table are two skeins of yarn. On the dining room table there are several skeins. More are in my yarn tote in the kitchen. There are even two skeins out on the back lanai (don't ask).

Of course, my hubby's on shore duty right now, so I can't hide anything from him. :hook

Kiki, I don't know what you are talking about. There is no such thing as too much yarn. There is, however, such a thing as not enough space. Just wanted to get that little misunderstanding all straightened out.

TOO TRUE!

Kiki... don't forget... more is coming! You should have gotten your Winter Wool Swap yarn by today... :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol so you better find another hiding spot!

And if you think you have a problem, think again... go here: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=282039#post282039

and see that I have not only yarn but converted half of my living room into a place to store/display/fondle it! And, 2 more boxes of yarn have arrived since I took these pics.

I have 6 balls of yarn in front of me on my desk right now... too... at work...

yaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnn:devil :devil :devil

Kiki,

You're right about having the yarn stashed in bags, a little here and a little there, it looks like you don't really have that much, but when you organize it and put it together in several big containers, then you can see how much you really have!!!!! :eek :eek :eek

I did that a few days ago and organized it in several large clear plastic see through. This way I can tell which one has the balls and which one has the skeins. :hook :hook :hook

I'm too lazy to put the pictures here, so I'll just link you to my blog post about my stash; it has pictures:

http://bellalindacrochets.blogspot.com/2006/01/further-proof-my-hubby-loves-me.html

I'll even get super-lazy & quote myself:

Of course, my hubby's on shore duty right now, so I can't hide anything from him. :hook

How do you like Hawaii? I so miss living there. Although my housing there was as small as my housing now, which leaves me without enough room for,... YARN!

TOO TRUE!

Kiki... don't forget... more is coming! You should have gotten your Winter Wool Swap yarn by today... :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol so you better find another hiding spot!

And if you think you have a problem, think again... go here: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=282039#post282039

and see that I have not only yarn but converted half of my living room into a place to store/display/fondle it! And, 2 more boxes of yarn have arrived since I took these pics.

I have 6 balls of yarn in front of me on my desk right now... too... at work...

yaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnn:devil :devil :devil

I left a note for you in the Wool Swap thread!!

i have to agree with mudpie!

i only have about 500 pounds in my inventory at the moment.. i would have more but i am full up here .. have to wait til i move back home LOL

I don't feel so bad. But my husband will be gone for a year, so there's no telling!!!

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH YARN! Just not enough time to get to the projects that are thought of when the yarn is purchased. This yarn is just waiting, patiently for loving hands to come for it and make a wonderful project. :)

Too bad there is such things as housework, kid's sports, driving, and other things that take away our time that could be used to crochet. If I could just crochet all day for a solid month, my stash would definately be a lot less. But then again, yarn just seems to jump in my shopping cart and I have to take it home.:lol :lol

DH's just never understand how yarn can jump.:lol

Welcome to the club.

Linda:manyheart

Let's see, I just bought a foot stool with rollers on it from Walmart. Wanted to be able to put my feet up when I crochet.:hook

Low and behold the top comes off. Can this be?????????????:think Yes, a place to put more yarn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay

I am so happy.:D Only thing is now I need more yarn to fill it up. I have room now. Let's see, yes I will go and order more on line.

I am a yarnaholic and I love it. :c9

The first step is admitting that you have a problem. And quite frankly I don't have a problem :devil .... I am pretty good with buying yarn. I get what I need for a project or if it is a really good price. And then sometimes yarn just leaps into my arms and well I have to take it home.

However, BF told me that he thinks I have YAS which is a comorbidity of PAS.

:hook

Elizabeth

actually, we're saving money by buying lots of yarn. if there's ever a yarn shortage(and we could cause one. :lol ) and the prices go out of sight, we'll already have enough to last us until the crisis passes. see, we're doing our spouses a favor and saving them money in the long run.

recently, i bought 5 skeins of novelty yarn at a sale at michaels. it was regularly $35 and i got it all for $12. now see, if i hadn't bought that yarn, i wouldn't have saved $23. hubby shakes his head at my twisted 'logic'.:lol

Not only are we saving money, we are being prepared! What if there was a yarn shortage? Our spouses would go crazy as we started to unravel things just to have something to crochet. Our pets would run in terror as we wondered how they would look shaved...The wto biggest crimes on the street would be knitandrun and the crochetgetaway; similar situations where someone walked behind a stranger and after a seemingly accidental bump started working directly from a thread they had loosened, unraveling the victims clothing as they worked it into a new item.

Addiction? Nah, not me! I can stop any time I want to...

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH YARN! Just not enough time to get to the projects that are thought of when the yarn is purchased. This yarn is just waiting, patiently for loving hands to come for it and make a wonderful project. :)

Too bad there is such things as housework, kid's sports, driving, and other things that take away our time that could be used to crochet. If I could just crochet all day for a solid month, my stash would definately be a lot less. But then again, yarn just seems to jump in my shopping cart and I have to take it home.:lol :lol

DH's just never understand how yarn can jump.:lol

Welcome to the club.

Linda:manyheart

I like that! Not too much yarn,... it's too little time!!

Let's see, I just bought a foot stool with rollers on it from Walmart. Wanted to be able to put my feet up when I crochet.:hook

Low and behold the top comes off. Can this be?????????????:think Yes, a place to put more yarn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay

I am so happy.:D Only thing is now I need more yarn to fill it up. I have room now. Let's see, yes I will go and order more on line.

I am a yarnaholic and I love it. :c9

I was looking at the WalMart site online yesterday, looking for cabinets to get our room organized and I was thinking how much more room I could get for yarn!

The first step is admitting that you have a problem. And quite frankly I don't have a problem :devil .... I am pretty good with buying yarn. I get what I need for a project or if it is a really good price. And then sometimes yarn just leaps into my arms and well I have to take it home.

However, BF told me that he thinks I have YAS which is a comorbidity of PAS.

:hook

Elizabeth

I have the same problem. I mean, the poor lonely skeins just leap into your cart. I wouldn't want to make them sad by leaving them behind!

actually, we're saving money by buying lots of yarn. if there's ever a yarn shortage(and we could cause one. :lol ) and the prices go out of sight, we'll already have enough to last us until the crisis passes. see, we're doing our spouses a favor and saving them money in the long run.

recently, i bought 5 skeins of novelty yarn at a sale at michaels. it was regularly $35 and i got it all for $12. now see, if i hadn't bought that yarn, i wouldn't have saved $23. hubby shakes his head at my twisted 'logic'.:lol

It makes perfect sense to me!!

Archived