How do you get to your favorite yarn store?

CLLinda

Hi Gang,

My favorite yarn store is in Woodstock, 10 miles away. So I drive.

Do you drive? Or have DH take you there? Or take the bus? Or Walk? Or Take an airplane?

What is your mode of transportation to your favorite yarn store?

Linda:manyheart

drive!

walmart; joannes; michaels; all withing five miles and then the yarn store in my town is right up the street, 'bout a mile. (dont go there to often anymore though)

Poor me!!!! I live in the sticks!!!! I have to drive 45 minutes to a good craft store. I am dying to hit ACMoore tomorrow!!!! So I have to drive or hubby takes me. I love when he goes esp if yarn is on sale hes the "pick up an extra" kinda guy!!! Gotta love him!!! I do have a Walmart close about 20 miles but I am sick of the same selection.

Poor me!!!! I live in the sticks!!!! I have to drive 45 minutes to a good craft store. I am dying to hit ACMoore tomorrow!!!! So I have to drive or hubby takes me. I love when he goes esp if yarn is on sale hes the "pick up an extra" kinda guy!!! Gotta love him!!! I do have a Walmart close about 20 miles but I am sick of the same selection.

well I don't live in the sticks but the closest joannes and micheals and ac moore is 45 mins in to the next state. and I either drive there after work or get hubby to take me. I have a wally world with in 5 miles that I go to also

For me it's always my car.

I live on the East side of town and work on the West side of town. It is only a 17.6 mile trip each way but with traffic it takes me 45min-1hour to get to work. Both Michaels and Jo-Anns are about 10 miles from work so since I always pass them on the way home I stop by after work.

Our Rag Shop in is the N part of town completely out of the way so I have to make a special trip to go there.

Log on.

I buy a lot at discount prices on the web. The only stores nearby are Rag Shop and Michaels - I drive to either, but they don't have great assortments. Of course if I see a yarn sale, I can't help myself. :laugh:

I sit down, log on, and point my mouse. We don't have a YARN store, or large craft store in this county. The best place we have, besides Walmart is a little Craft/Gift store next to my job, we've gotten them to carry more yarn; and it's going very well for them, apparently since they keep expanding the section. To get there I sweetly as my supervisor if I can run down and grab something. If it's really quiet we can 'browse' but if we're busy at work we have to know what we want and 'run and grab'.

Log on, or drive myself. Then I don't have anyone saying........... are you finished yet, how much longer are you gonna be, are you still looking, surely it can't take you that long, etc, etc. So, i just take myself, and please myself!!! Best way to go!

Drive to Michaels,Hobby Lobby, Joanns,and Walmart only about 5-10 minutes away. The rest my :ccompute and :mouse take over...

Was @ Hobby Lobby today for their sale.. Got a raincheck for the sugar and cream cos' they don't carry 17 sk. in one color @ a time....Want to make a sweater..

Hmm. Favorite yarn store. WOW I would have to say that I drive as it is about 90 miles away. There are some great ones here in Fort Dodge but the best one is in Des Moines and I recently learned that they have another one there too. I am planning a road trip for my crochet and knitting life group. What fun we would have!

I walk the four blocks to the closest yarn store....I take the tram / bus / metro to the other stores that occasionally stock yarn / craft supplies.

I do a TON of internet shopping.....downside to that is that it is all shipped to my parents....its a good thing that I am the only serious crochet / knitter in my family, otherwise I would be in constant fear of going home to the US to find that someone had raided my yarn stash there!

All stores are 45 minutes away so I either take a "road trip" and hit a few in one day or I shop online. I search to get a free shipping or discount coupon from couponcabin or other promotional code web sites and if I'm lucky I find what I want on sale.

Cindy

I have to drive my kids to school since I live in the country, when I drop them off I usually drive by the store and then all of a suden I hear voice yelling Lynda Lynda Lyndaaaaaaaaaaaaa, and I just know that there is some poor yarn out there that needs a good home, so I swerve my car around and out of my great heart take it out of its misery LOL :manyheart:c9

• 2 weeks later...

I drive everywhere... there's about a million Jo-Ann's/Michaels in my area so I go to whichever one is most convenient to whatever else I need to do - although I do have a favorite Jo-Ann's. I can't imagine having someone else drive me... way too independent to be able to deal with that with any degree of sanity...

Archived