'Round the 'Ville now taking pattern submissions! - Deadline is February 15th!!

Tiffany

'Round the 'Ville, a new monthly newsletter to update you on happenings around Crochetville is coming soon! One of the exciting features of the newsletter will be a Pattern of the Month. We are looking for new, original patterns from our members. We will randomly choose one pattern to be featured every issue. We are taking submissions for the inaugural issue through February 15th.

* All submissions must be received by midnight, Central Standard Time, on February 15th.

* Only submissions sent to roundtheville@gmail.com will be accepted.

* Every pattern should include the designer's name, Crochetville name, copyright specifications, and a photo of the finished project.

* One pattern will be chosen randomly from the submissions and the designer contacted prior to publication of the newsletter.

* Please submit a design that is "new" (never before published either on Crochetville, your blog, or elsewhere).

Absolutely, Su! We are getting the basics together but there will be people in charge of different areas so submit trivia, websites, book reviews, etc. The goal is to have a "section editor" for each section and that person will be your contact. The first issue will be a surprise, but after that we will definitely be taking input. :)

Oh wow, what a wonderful idea to start a Chrochetville newsletter! I love the idea of allowing members to submit patterns, ideas, tid-bits, etc for each issue. I also love the "Round the 'Ville" title. Will the newsletter be free (at least initially), or will there be a subscription charge to those who wish to receive it?

Maybe we could even have a section that has overseas news about crochet eg Australia, New Zealand, UK, India etc. I know that there is a lot members in the US that are confused about what we call different things in Australia, eg In Australia we call an Afghan a rug or blanket. I am more than prepared to take this on as the "Overseas Correspondant" LOL

Archived