Seattle Crochet Retreat!!!

Angelhair

My LYS is running a knitting retreat on scenic Whidbey Island next month and it sounds really fab and is at a great price too (less than $250 for 2 nights accomodation, all meals and tuition from a knit/crochet book author), so I asked if they can have one for crocheters in Fall. So Patience, the store owner, said she can run one if at least 12 people are interested.

Soooo.... CALLING ALL CROCHETERS IN THE SEATTLE AREA!

If you are interested in a crochet retreat on Whidbey Island, please email Patience to let her know at:

letitrainyarn_at_yahoo.com

I really want to go to this so I hope other people are interested too :clap

Oh we are mving there in March. I would so love to do this, but I am not sure if my girls would let me/my husband would be able to watch them, he will be on a sub. And my youngest is still nursing, I have no clue if she will wean by then. Would it be on a weekend? I wouldn't know for a few more months at least with my husband watching them. But if it can work out...

You know, I went back and reread the original post and we are usually home for a visit in the fall, so I will say that I'm definately interested...and will try hard to work our travel arrangements around the dates of this if it turns out to be a go...

I have more info about the Crochet Retreat on Whidbey Island. Its going to be in the last weekend of September and our guest teacher will be Nancy Brown, famous crochet book author and designer and former president of the Crochet Guild of America.

But we need at least 12 people who are interested in going. So far we only have me and Ann. So if you are interested, please email not me but Patience from "Let It Rain" who is organising it ( her email is in previous post).

I have more info about the Crochet Retreat on Whidbey Island. Its going to be in the last weekend of September and our guest teacher will be Nancy Brown, famous crochet book author and designer and former president of the Crochet Guild of America.

But we need at least 12 people who are interested in going. So far we only have me and Ann. So if you are interested, please email not me but Patience from "Let It Rain" who is organising it ( her email is in previous post).

Last weekend in September...I might be back for our yearly trip by then...or I can work around this and be back for it...pencil me in...I'm laughing though because our next door neighbor on Vashon Island is called Nancy Brown (but it's not the same Nancy Brown that will be on Widby Island...)

So Alex, if I'm interested, instead of telling you here in this thread you want me to email you or pm you? Because I am interested and willing to arrange my fall travel home to Vashon Island so I can attend this...

So Alex, if I'm interested, instead of telling you here in this thread you want me to email you or pm you? Because I am interested and willing to arrange my fall travel home to Vashon Island so I can attend this...

Please e-mail Patience at our local yarn shop who is organizing it at letitrainyarn@yahoo.com

This way she can keep a count and send you more info as it's available.

As far as the event itself-the knitting one she's doing has some workshops on specific techniques and then lots of freetime to knit in a wonderful lodge :) All meals are inlcuded too. I think she'll have some books to browse and new patterns to try out as well.

So I'm sure the crochet one will be similar and since she's still planning it we can give her ideas and I'm sure she'd be happy to inlcude them.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that "_at_ "is a way of writing "@" that is to prevent robots from harvesting the email address for spam. So when you type the email address in you put @ not _at_

for letitrainyarn_at_yahoo.com

• 2 months later...

Archived