Percentage bars...

Guest TShell

Okay I got the bar, but I can't figure out how to get the 90% center in progress bar. It is on my blog right under my profile.

You mean that you want to move the 90% to the dark purple part of the bar?

I think Andrea covered that in her tutorial. Basically you move the 90% from where it is on the line with the td width of 10 to the line above with the td width of 90 ...

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" frame="void" align="center"><tr>
<td align="left" valign="middle">      
<table border="1" cellspacing="0" frame="border" align="left"><tr>
<td align="left" valign="middle">            
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" frame="void" align="center"><tr>                
<td width="90" height="10" align="center" valign="middle" bgcolor="#3b003c">90%</td>               
<td width="10" height="10" align="center" valign="middle">  </td></tr></table></td></tr></table></td></tr><tr>
<td align="center" valign="middle"> Dad's Birthday Gift </td></tr></table>

THANK YOU EVERYONE for helping me figure this out! I am now able to monitor my projects and am sooooo excited!

Thank you MomaChet for the help with Anna's!

Thank you Mantler for the wonderful tutorial and tabled percentage bar!

and Thank you Jess for helping me get my 90% in the middle!

You are all so kind!!! (and patient!)

• 1 month later...

What I can't quite figure out is how one determines how far along one is on the WIP. Do you go by rounds completed (although later rounds obviously take longer, so I'm not sure if this would work)? Lines on the pattern completed? Or just eyeball it? :think

Good question! For things like doilies where it definitely gets larger as you move out, I usually go by rounds but occasionally I go by percentage of stitches remaining.

For things like afghans or sweaters, I go by how much I have complete. For example, I have a baby sweater in the works, and the sleeves, back, and half of the front are done. I figure a sleeve is 15%, the back is 30%, the front is 30%, and assembling is 10%.

For socks, each sock is 50%, and then I just estimate the rest.

It doesn't have to be exact! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I've written a tutorial for my table-based progress bars. You can see my blog post here. If anything is confusing, please let me know so I can improve my description. :)

Thank you Andrea! Your tutorial really helped. :clap

:ladybug Pam

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have had a blog reserved for what seems like forever but just recently started actually doing something with it. I have a long way to go yet in getting things set up but did manage a post for easy, transparent bars that uses a script. You just copy/paste it as outlined into your page element. Hope someone finds this useful.:)

Easy progress bars.

:hook

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I couldn't find anything on the sites that have been mentioned for some reason but I found a great site and it's very easy to use aswell:

http://www.yarntomato.com/percentbarmaker/ :clap

This is really useful, you can also download their buttons in a zip file. :cheer

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...