For Vicki

Pink

I pm'd Donna already, but I'm making a square also. Vicki is always very nice in the forums and about a year ago she sent me the Looney Tunes booklet and didn't ask for payment of it or anything. I guess she ROAK'd it to me. :) That touched me a lot.

Hugs to Vicki. I can't imagine losing my mother.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you need more squares please let me know. I am going to have a minor surgery done tomorrow so I know this weekend I wouldnt be able to do to much. But I am sure by next week I will be fine to make a couple.

My heart goes out to Vicki and her family. It is so hard to lose a loved one. :hug :hug :hug

Ok got a couple of questions for ya. Do we have to do teapot squares & when are you wanting the squares ?

Great question! NO, you do NOT have to make just a teapot graphed square! I just stated that she does like teapots and collects salt shakers. We are just looking for 12 inch square, we would like the main color to be blue, however you can use other colors in there (as long as there is some blue).

Hope this helps.

Donna

Donna,

Did you want the squares to be 12" before the white border or after? I know how important having all the squares close to the same size is, when putting a ghan together, so want to help eliminate any potential problems.

Thank you, I actually had this question in a pm and was on my way here to post the answer as well, lol

I would like the squares to be 12" before the border..the border is just for time saving on my part really. I want to be able to piece them right together and not have to border each one. I am sure if you have put together a comfortghan before, you know what I mean!

Hope this helps!

Donna

Thanks and when do you need them ??

I didn't set a date, just as soon as possible. I don't like setting dates, just because we all have so much going on in our lives everyday I don't want anyone to feel pressured.

Donna

Oh dear lord!! I am so sorry to hear this:(:(:( I can not even begain to know what it would feel like to lose my mother!! and now your uncle also!! Lord Vickie you and your family are in my prayers!!:hug:hug:hug:hugyou hold on and the lord will see you thought this!

Donna I would like to send a square or two. do you think you will still need them are or you full? if I can help please pm me with your address.

also where would I find the tags to but on the squares?

Oh dear lord!! I am so sorry to hear this:(:(:( I can not even begain to know what it would feel like to lose my mother!! and now your uncle also!! Lord Vickie you and your family are in my prayers!!:hug:hug:hug:hugyou hold on and the lord will see you thought this!

Donna I would like to send a square or two. do you think you will still need them are or you full? if I can help please pm me with your address.

also where would I find the tags to but on the squares?

Thank you for your offer to help. Based on the emails and pm's I have received, I think we need a few more squares, if you could send one that would be great! A tag is something you make yourself. You can print them off the computer, make it with scrapbook supplies..whatever you want. It's just a label tied onto your squares that states your name, crochetville name, and location.

Pm me if you need my address.

Donna

Donna, I have three squares that I'm just about to mail to you. I'd just like to repeat: I really appreciate you jumping right in and completing this comfortghan...and also thanks to Shelain for offering as well.

I have to be the world's slowest crocheter (spelling?). Anyways Donna I will have the squares in the mail on Monday afternoon. Ohhhh or Sunday I can stop by the post office and use the self serve thingy :idea ! They will be edged in white for your convenience. Thanks Donna for doing this.

Elizabeth

Okay..just an update...based on the pm's and emails, I now have enough squares. BUT, if anyone would still like to help..you can always send things to include in her package. For example, any crocheted items (bookmark, shawl, scarf, purse, etc) or bath related items (bath beads, soaps, lotions), snacks (she loves microwave popcorn) or chocolates, crochet related trinkets (books, magazines, hooks, stitch markers), comfort items like prayer books, articles you find interesting, recipes, ETC. The list is never ending of what you could send. It's really up to you! All items will be included in a package sent to her as soon as her afghan is complete. A photo of the completed afghan and package will be taken, for your view..before it is mailed.

If you have any questions..you know where to find me :)

Donna

Hello Donna,

I just wanted to send along a little message that I will mail out my squares on Monday...I just finished them today:cheer

I didnt think that I was going to get them done because right after I send you a pm after midnight Thurs morning, my DD's water broke and we rushed to the hospital where my little granddaughter was born at 7:52am:yay So that made grocery shopping totally out of the question for Thurs but I went yesterday, picked up the yarn and started my squares.

Thanks so much again for letting me be a part of such a wonderful and caring project for Vicki...I know that she will be truly appreciative and touched by everyones thoughtfulness.

Archived