For Vicki

Pink

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Donna, I had surgery on Friday. But I was able to complete 2 squares. I will be puting them in the mail tomorrow or Wed. I still can't drive so my fiance will take time to the P.O. for me.

I finished up my square last night and washed it this morning. I'm going to block it tonight and, if I remember and no other bridal crisis' arise (I spent about 6 hours this last weekend talking to bridemaids & my mother - ug), I'll have a package ready for tomorrow. :hook

Ok it seems you have enough squares but I have a little suggestion. I don't want to be a budinski but I think you should maybe allow as many people to inculde a square as they want & if you have to only use 1 square per person then maybe you could make Vickis aunt a ghan or send the extra squares to Vicki if she would like to make her aunt a blanket since she lost her hubby :( just a thought. I think alot of people wanted to be included and since you seem to be getting several squares from some people there will only be a small few that helped with the ghan.I have no way to get to the post office until Next monday or I'd send a square too.

Ok it seems you have enough squares but I have a little suggestion. I don't want to be a budinski but I think you should maybe allow as many people to inculde a square as they want & if you have to only use 1 square per person then maybe you could make Vickis aunt a ghan or send the extra squares to Vicki if she would like to make her aunt a blanket since she lost her hubby :( just a thought. I think alot of people wanted to be included and since you seem to be getting several squares from some people there will only be a small few that helped with the ghan.I have no way to get to the post office until Next monday or I'd send a square too.

While I thank you for your suggestion, I do not have time to piece together two comfortghans. If you would like to volunteer to piece together the second comfortghan, I will gladly open it up to more squares and send you the extra. I volunteered to put Vicki's together and I have made the time to do it. I will not allow myself to be overwhelmed, as I have other priorities.

Just let me know what you decide, if you want to do the second one yourself..then more people can send squares.

Donna

Sorry to offend you :think NM

You did not offend me. However, I feel it would have been nice for you to approach me in private about putting together a second comfortghan before posting it. I felt, by reading your post, you thought I just didn't care and that's not the case. I'm wearing a few different hats, as mother, wife, key spouse, vp, trying to get this anniversary together, dealing with my friends recovery, my father in laws parkinson, and many more hats that I choose not to list. Vicki is a dear friend of mine and she is a very special person. If I had the time to put two together, I would. Again, if you would like to volunteer to put a second one together..I can open up the request for more squares..put Vicki's together and send you the rest of the squares to complete a second comfortghan. The choice is yours.

Donna

Honesty that was secondary to what I was getting at. I just thought more people might want to be included in contributing squares to the one for Vicki but it seems like you allready had enough within a day or so of asking for them & some folks might have still wanted to have a square in her ghan.Instead of using several from a few people if you used 1 from everyone.That was my point entirely. Whatever would happen with the extras was a seperate issue alltogether & I wasn't trying to tell you to make another ghan or make you feel like you weren't doing enough.Merely giving you ideas what to do with any extra squares.I too would have liked to contribute to her ghan but saw quickly that due to me not having a way to the post office I can't get it to you soon enough.

No I do not want the squares as I hate putting them together , yes I said I hate putting them together.I love making squares though. I think what you're doing is wonderfully sweet and generous.I hope you will understand now what I was saying and not be upset at me. I certainly did not mean to make you look bad or feel bad about what you are giving your time to do :)

All I can suggest at this point, is if people want to donate more squares, go ahead and send them. I will complete Vicki's afghan, then make one to donate to our local Nursing Home in the name of Vicki's mother. I would not be able to complete the afghan for donation at this time, but I can make time in late Feb to finish it. I would make one for her aunt, however I can not finish it at this time.

Donna

I to would have liked to have made a square but as i am overseas couldn't get the yarn requested for a start. I read and understood Alisha and did not feel she was in any way denigrating you Donna. Yes you do have a busy life but don't we all and you certainly have no need in my opinion to take an attitude with Alisha or anyone else for making a suggestion. I feel pehaps you ought to take a breath and realise you are being oversensitive to something that wasn't meant the way you CHOSE to take it. That is my opinion .

I to would have liked to have made a square but as i am overseas couldn't get the yarn requested for a start. I read and understood Alisha and did not feel she was in any way denigrating you Donna. Yes you do have a busy life but don't we all and you certainly have no need in my opinion to take an attitude with Alisha or anyone else for making a suggestion. I feel pehaps you ought to take a breath and realise you are being oversensitive to something that wasn't meant the way you CHOSE to take it. That is my opinion .

You know, I'm trying to do my best to make something nice for Vicki. I'm sorry you could not get the yarn..several other people could not and pm'd me about it and we worked together for a solution. I do not feel Alisha was rude, nor do I feel I was. You, however, are the one that needs to take a breath. Alisha posted her feelings , I responded with my feelings. Neither of us had an attitude and I believe it was worked out. I'm too old for attitude, and too busy to be bothered with it.

Donna

i mailed my square out today. son's truck died yesterday and he took my truck to work, so i didn't have wheels to get to the P.O. till today. it seems our last few months have been one big vehicle repair crisis after another.

Donna, I mailed 2 blocks out yesterday. If you cant use both that is ok. I understand there is a lot of different ones sending them. Hope it all goes well.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this for Vicki.

Ok, could I be the one to step in and stop this? Donna in no way intende to exclude anyone, she is just a born organizer and was doing what seemede reasoneable to her to make this run more smoothly. The suggestion of the yarn was my idea, because we wanted it to match and caron SS is so widely available and afordeable. Jacqui, if you needed some (or anyone else) I would have been glad to send it to you. And if you ever need a particular type of yarn to complete a project just let me know girl, I will get it to ya and I know Donna would have to had she known. Maby we should have made the squares smaller so more could fit, but really, a blanket can only be so big before it becomes a burden to get the thing out and use it, ya know. I am not bashing anyone for voicing your opinion, you have every right, but I know that It would upset Vicki to know that this was going on and I hope that she is staying out of this thread cause I dont want her to see it. This is being done fir vicki and she would gladly give it up if it ment that everyone would get along, thats just the way she is. Donna made a sugestion of sending a basket of things that you gals sent her for rvicki. I think it was a good idea, I have never seen it done on anouther comfortghan.Vicki dosent just like blankets, she collects teapots, salt and peppershakers, and anything that has sentamintel value. I hapopen ot know from experience that she loves kids, so if you have a child, have them make a craft for her, mine did and she LOVED it! I am not takeing sides here, just trying to end this so that only good thaughts and feelings go into this ghan, and wheather youthink donna is doing a good job or not (and Im not saying yo dont) she is putting a tremendous effort into this, and I know that each and every one of us appreciate it. Jacqui, please dont feel that you cant send something for vicki because you missed out on the square, Vicki would love to get a card or anything from you just to let her know you care. We know that we would get more than enugh squares because Vicki has touched so many peoples lives on this forum, thats why the alternate way of giveing (the basket) If this is not what some of you wanted ot do and there are enugh who still want to send squares, I will take them and put it togeather. Just let me know.

I soo do not want to check back in later and see someone misquote anything I said because I hurt their feelings, that is not what this is about. lets stop bickering, make the ghan, send good thaughts with it, and move on

Huggs

Val

I am going to try to update this list daily, but I will be out of town for a few days (my neighbors will be collecting the mail..no worries, they have done it before with no troubles) So when I return, I will update the squares. Thanks, Donna

Squares Received

auntbubbels

tween

Shelena (thank you for the chocolate for Vicki)

Katchkan

yarnlover66

quirkyvirgo

Nashville Crocheter

Celeste

Nurse Frawg

sissie44 (thank you for the little smell good tarts!)

Shella85222

Liberty

nutz4crochet

dazy

123mama

Pink

crochet_smartcat

kahud48 (thank you for the teapot coasters for Vicki)

I dont know if this is a good idea or not but just a thought... Vicki is a fellow crocheter. What if there were more squares left over we just give them to her. I am sure she would enjoy them in some way. She could make pillows or maybe something for her aunt. I know if it was me the squares would mean alot. If nothing else just to have the thought that person thought enough of me to make it. I dont know just my thought.

I dont know if this is a good idea or not but just a thought... Vicki is a fellow crocheter. What if there were more squares left over we just give them to her. I am sure she would enjoy them in some way. She could make pillows or maybe something for her aunt. I know if it was me the squares would mean alot. If nothing else just to have the thought that person thought enough of me to make it. I dont know just my thought.

This is a really great suggestion , imo.

And "well said", Shelain.

Ok it seems you have enough squares but I have a little suggestion. I don't want to be a budinski but I think you should maybe allow as many people to inculde a square as they want & if you have to only use 1 square per person then maybe you could make Vickis aunt a ghan or send the extra squares to Vicki if she would like to make her aunt a blanket since she lost her hubby :( just a thought

That was in my original suggestion I just wanted to make sure Vicki knew whom all cared , that's what a comfortghan is for :) The mix up was worked out and done with ;)

"

__________________"

Hi Everyone. I think that the above is a good idea. Vicki mentioned to me the other day that she might do a comfortghan for her Aunt. While I know the yarn type, size and color might not be what she wants for her Aunt, she could still use them for something else. It's the thought that counts. Seeing so many squares would be a blessing I think.

I wanted to make some squares for her, but all I have is simply soft navy, and I just think it's too dark. Not been able to get any blue simply soft either.

Amber

Hi Everyone. I think that the above is a good idea. Vicki mentioned to me the other day that she might do a comfortghan for her Aunt. While I know the yarn type, size and color might not be what she wants for her Aunt, she could still use them for something else. It's the thought that counts. Seeing so many squares would be a blessing I think.

I wanted to make some squares for her, but all I have is simply soft navy, and I just think it's too dark. Not been able to get any blue simply soft either.

Amber

I just got home from my trip, I haven't had time to open all the squares received while I was gone. But, I will say the navy isn't too dark. I have received a few navy squares. Blue is blue.

More later,

Donna

Please check post number 67 (think that's it) for the updated list of squares received.

I would like to add a few "tidbits" about the squares received. Please put the correct amout of postage on the envelope! If you smoke, please spray the squares with febreeze or other "germ" spray. I would like to thank the ladies who included their left over white yarn with the squares, I know it will come in handy when putting them together! If you have any questions, feel free to email/pm me. I will be starting on the afghan tonight.

Donna

Archived