For Vicki

Pink

I've just read the thread about Vicki's mom and I'm wondering about making a comfortghan for Vicki. I've never made one but I'm willing to learn if someone would like point me in the right direction. Alternatively I would be more than happy for someone else to organize this and I would send squares. As I work full-time the second option might be best but I feel cheeky about suggesting the comfortghan then handing it off to someone else. Anybody have any thoughts? I hope I'm not stepping on anybody's toes with this suggestion.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm definetely in. Just tell me what size of squares you'd like, and if there's any particular color, and I'll get a couple made up and sent your way. Thanks for volunteering to do this, it will mean a lot to Vicki.

If you dont have time I could do it, I am a stay at home mom and It is something I would like to do for her, she has helped me tremendously in every problem I have had since I met her. If you want to do it though, that is fine and I will help in any way I can!

Since Vicki is a dear friend of mine, I would be willing to accept the squares and piece it together, Pink. Just let me know. I will be making her something personal, but I'm more than willing to do the work on a comfortghan as well.

She loves the color blue, but isn't picky and would love any color! She is allergic to wool, as Robert stated. And she colors tea pots and tea related items, lol..she loves her cup of tea!

Donna

If you dont have time I could do it, I am a stay at home mom and It is something I would like to do for her, she has helped me tremendously in every problem I have had since I met her. If you want to do it though, that is fine and I will help in any way I can!

Shelain...thank you for taking this on. I would like to do this, but as I said I work full time and I've never actually made an afghan out of squares (that must be fairly rare, I think!). So I'll help by donating squares and yarn for putting together. I just read Vicki is allergic to wool so I'd suggest we use a worsted weight. I don't know if she has a preference for colors so if somebody can make suggestions on that please speak up. 12" squares have been mentioned a couple of times so maybe it makes sense to go with those.

Again, thank you Shelain, I feel really cheeky making the suggestion of making a 'ghan and then passing it off but I know Vicki would have been one of the first to step up to the plate for someone else in the same situation.

Since Vicki is a dear friend of mine, I would be willing to accept the squares and piece it together, Pink. Just let me know. I will be making her something personal, but I'm more than willing to do the work on a comfortghan as well.

She loves the color blue, but isn't picky and would love any color! She is allergic to wool, as Robert stated. And she colors tea pots and tea related items, lol..she loves her cup of tea!

Donna

Now we have two volunteers...I didn't see your post Donna as I was writing my previous response. I'll leave you and Shelain to work this out, if you don't mind.

She also collects salt shakers....... Hmmmm, how would you crochet that?LOL You guys just decide what size squares and where to send them and let me know....

Donna, its fine if you want to do it, in truth you are gifted at putting things togeather and would probably do a better job!:hook Just let me know what I can do!

Okay, Valerie and I have discussed it and this is what we have decided. Please send all squares to me (pm me for my address please, or email buggaboosmommy@yahoo.com) If you have extra yarn and would like to send it, it will be used for the border. Any questions or suggestions, feel free to email me. Donna

Square size: 12 inch

Yarn: Caron Simply Soft only, please

Square color: blues, doesn't have to be solid blue, but please have blue as the main color

Border will be done in WHITE.

If you have time, PLEASE sc once with WHITE Simply Soft around the entire square to make it easier to join and get it in the mail quick!

Also, please tag your squares. A simple note attached with yarn or ribbon that gives your real name, crochetville name and location. Decorate the tags as you see fit.

Okay, Valerie and I have discussed it and this is what we have decided. Please send all squares to me (pm me for my address please, or email buggaboosmommy@yahoo.com) If you have extra yarn and would like to send it, it will be used for the border. Any questions or suggestions, feel free to email me. Donna

Square size: 12 inch

Yarn: Caron Simply Soft only, please

Square color: blues, doesn't have to be solid blue, but please have blue as the main color

Border will be done in WHITE.

If you have time, PLEASE sc once with WHITE Simply Soft around the entire square to make it easier to join and get it in the mail quick!

Also, please tag your squares. A simple note attached with yarn or ribbon that gives your real name, crochetville name and location. Decorate the tags as you see fit.

Hello Donna,

I just sent you a pm for your address...I am so sorry to hear about Vicki's Mom...her and I spoke recently in another thread at length about the loss of one's mother as I lost my mother this past July to breast cancer...Vicki was so kind and caring to me in her messages....:hug :hug for you Vicki:hug :hug take care of yourself, I'll be thinking of you:hug

I would love to make a square or two for her....I am going grocery shopping tomorrow...hmmmm, I guess its Thursday already...I mean today, so I will pick up some blue SS....I am not sure how much I can get done this weekend as my daughter is going into the hospital at 7am on Friday morning to induce labor......since we are not sure how long my little granddaughter will take to arrive, I am not sure how much I will be home this weekend or how much time I will have to work on them in the hospital but I will start making at least one tomorrow after I get back from the store.....

Archived