BluesForCP

My personal opinon about forums

I don't know if it's possible to do that or not, but if we started having different 'new post' sections for different areas of the board, then soon enough we'd have people wanting or needing to check multiple 'new post' links every day. I don't know that I see the point in that though I do understand how daunting it is to click 'new posts' and find five or six (or more) pages of links to go through.

The introductions tend to be headed with a title that indicates they are intro posts, plus to the right of the screen it tells you the section each post is from. Also, if you put your cursor on the link to the post for a few seconds it will give you a little popup (wrong word but all I can think of at the moment) that gives the first sentence or so of the post which would probably also indicate whether it was an intro post or not.

thanks for that. I went away for an hour to try and progress on the shrug thingamy which is making me testy, and in an hour there were 40 new posts, of which about 15 were howdies.

There is also another poster who continually flogs their wares which annoys me.

Maybe when I get this rotton shrugamy tamed I wont be so picky! :laughroll :laughroll :laughroll

All that makes me glad I don't bother with the "new posts" and I just scan each board that I want to look at. :lol

My pet peeve is that people don't read a thread before they post. Especially threads asking for help. It's one thing when two people post at the same time. It's another when it's hours apart and the link/answer has already been given.

I want to add my two cents! (got change for a dollar?) Anyway, I like the design, yes it does take a bit to get use to it and work your way through it. But we must remember this site is NOT free to run! So, as long as someone is paying the bill I really feel like it's that person's decision on how it should be "run". Granted, she does take member's considerations into play, but reality is this board is HUGE and it would not be possible to only have one show and tell board. Do you know how long it would take you to see all the new items if we only had ONE show and tell board? That would upset me and I probably would miss alot of neat things!

Donna

When there was only one show and tell board, it eventually got to the point that I never went there because I'd be so overwhelmed with all the new posts. I really like it split up into categories--I still hardly ever actually post in those sections because I have a slow connection and by the time I've looked I oftentimes don't have time to post, but it's much, much easier for me to check out the kinds of projects I'm most interested in that way.

:2c