My first lapghan...yayyyyy!!!

lilkira

Hello to everyone. I am a new member, and have been searching around the archives and such, and wow, I have to admit that posting this here seems a bit drab to me, hehe, compared to some of the other things I've seen. But I am proud of it. This is the first of I'm sure many afghans and such that I will make. But it is my first and something that I am proud of. It means alot to me, as I started it over the Christmas holidays at my parents house when I was 'back home' for Christmas. My mom taught me how to do this simple ripple stitch and we sat side by side for 3 evenings as we each worked on seperate afghans, mine for me, and the one she was working on was one for my 11yr old daughter. It made for some good memories, and so this simple ripple afghan will always have a special meaning to me other than being my first, but also because its my first ever crocheted anything, hehe.

The yarn is :

the blue-- Lion Brand Homespun Colonial

the maroon-- Lion Brand Homespun Antique

the multi (or varigated i think its called?)-- Red Heart Light & Lofty--Cape Cod Multi

The multi colored yarn is a bit thicker and well, kind of poofie-er than the homespun, but it made for a very soft and cuddly lapghan.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/lilkira/03b7e3c5.jpg

gorgeous...needs to be in a book or something its so pretty!!!!! how big is it and how long has it taken you? did you crochet on it every single day?>????

:) wow, everyone certainly knows how to make a girl feel good, hehehe. Thank you all for the wonderful compliments. It's greatly appreciated.

(I think this just might get me to complete my next project...a basketweave baby blanket, lol).

kira

Archived