terrybb

Daisy Chain Shawl

This is my own design - sort of :blush

I wanted to make a prayer shawl for a 12 year old girl who is losing her grandfather ( who raises her) to cancer. I didn't want to make an "old lady" shawl (I am one so it's ok to say that lol). Her grandmother said her favorite colors are hot pink and black so I modified the pattern for the Daisy Chain Poncho in Simply Creative Crochet. It's for a 4-6 year old so I made lots more motifs, Used 11 across and 11 down to make an isoceles triangle (sp) and put 10 3/4 motifs across the top edge. I modified the border slightly. I don't know if all that makes it my original creation or not but I like it! I used Caron SS Brites in Watermelon and black.

th_a06b480c.jpgth_34b8c10b.jpg

Here's some close-ups

th_ad1704fc.jpgth_9d273787.jpgHope she like it.

I love it. I;m sure she will be very happy with it.

Great job.

:manyheartThat is soooooo adorable! I love those colors together. It was really sweet of you to make that for her & I'm sure she's going to love it! :manyheart

I'm not a shawl type person but I Love that! I can just see it in white with daisy yellow centers. Love it. Gotta get that book.

It is a beautiful shawl and beautiful thoughtful thing for you to do. I love the look.

I'd be more than happy with that myself. Its beautiful as are you for being so thoughtful to a 12 year old going through this sad time.

beautiful, I'm sure she'll love it

You'e done a great job with that- I'm sure that she will love it and appreciate the thought behind it.

It's lovely. :) I think I like yours better in pink and black than the one in the magazine. :blush

So pretty! :clap

very nice, she will love it , I would like to see this in a thread:applause

Besides making a beautiful shawl, what a kind spirit you must be to think of this child in such a caring way.

This is my own design - sort of :blush

I wanted to make a prayer shawl for a 12 year old girl who is losing her grandfather ( who raises her) to cancer. I didn't want to make an "old lady" shawl (I am one so it's ok to say that lol). Her grandmother said her favorite colors are hot pink and black so I modified the pattern for the Daisy Chain Poncho in Simply Creative Crochet. It's for a 4-6 year old so I made lots more motifs, Used 11 across and 11 down to make an isoceles triangle (sp) and put 10 3/4 motifs across the top edge. I modified the border slightly. I don't know if all that makes it my original creation or not but I like it! I used Caron SS Brites in Watermelon and black.

th_a06b480c.jpgth_34b8c10b.jpg

Here's some close-ups

th_ad1704fc.jpgth_9d273787.jpgHope she like it.

It is just lovely, I'm sure she will love it.

How beautiful! You did a great job :cheer

Thank you all for your compliments. I guess I am just a nice person LOL!

Actually, I started a Prayer Shawl Ministry at my church. Had to teach several women how to crochet, which has been fun. We started in December 2005 and have given away 15 shawls - we're all old people so there's always someone on the list :) . We made one for the grandmother and it occurred to me that the GD was hurting too so wanted to comfort her with something appropriate for her age. It was so much fun figuring out how to do this. I love to crochet and love challenges - I also love it when DH wants dinner and I can say "I've got to finish this Prayer Shawl - could you fix dinner". ROFL. I can get away with that because "Prayer Shawl" sounds more important than "I'm working on this scarf -or afghan- or poncho - or purse - or whatever" :devil

You did a great job on the shawl, I'm sorry to hear it's for a young girl about to lose a loved one :hug

That is adorable...I'm sure she'll love it!