Rosa Parks the puppet

buggaboosmommy

My 8 year old is studying African American history month in school. She had to pick a famous African American, write a book report, present an oral report, and make a puppet. The puppet had to be a hand puppet and hold in it's hand something that told who "he/she" was.

So, here's Rosa Parks the puppet. I crocheted her (no pattern, lol) and then felted her. My daughter made her clothing by hand, after she made her own patterns. She also made her hair, and "features". In her hands, she holds a copy of the police report and fingerprint card from when she was arrested.

Donna

Images are clickable!!

th_pictures349.jpg

th_pictures348.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments. It was an interesting project and the teacher said she wanted them to feel comfortable giving a speech in front of the class..and the puppet seems to help. My daughter had a great time researching Rosa, and in her book report she wrote.."if I was the policeman that arrived to arrest her, I wouldn't have, I would have parked my car and sat next to her!" Rosa did turn out cute, can't wait to see the other kids and their creations!

Donna

awwww, she did a fantastic job on rosa parks, and if she had been alive today, i

think that she would be very proud of your daughter:clap :clap :clap she did

fantastic job on the puppet and her report too.:yay :yay :yay :yay :yay

• 3 weeks later...

Archived