Hello from Upper Michigan

upmom

Hello! Yes, I have been one of the "lurkers" and decided to finally bite the bullet and join this great place!

Iam from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, aka the U.P.! I have lived here for 22 years now, and have been crocheting off and on for the last 20 years or so. My grandmother taught me a few basic stitches years ago, and I finally sorta kinda maybe, taught myself how to read patterns.

I have three children, and am involved with the 4-H in our county. I have been a swine leader for the past 10 years, and am currently an assistant swine superintendent for the Upper Peninsula State Fair.

Glad to meet everyone, and have enjoyed the comments, patterns and links while I have been "lurking"!

Lori

Guest dulcimers

I'm from Michigan too. And in fact we have a place in the U.P. (on the east side of the Garden Peninsula). Crocheting is a great way to pass the long winter!

Welcome!

Sharon

aka dulcimers

Hi Lori! Welcome to Crochetville!! :welcome I was born in Kalamazoo, and have pictures of us as kids playing on a beach with the Mackinac Bridge in the background. The UP is beautiful, I remember it pretty well for being a little one. :)h

Archived