My very first ever own designed Sheep!!!!

eurolyons

Introducing my sheep...

47b6df39b3127cce96ed1cb7397800000025118BZuHDlwyao

47b6df39b3127cce96ed192f797a00000016108BZuHDlwyao

I went to the Steiff stuffed animal museum here in Germany over the weekend...I was inspired to create this little lovebug from scratch. Yarn used was Red Heart Baby Yarn...stitches mainly used were a loop stitch (had to pull out my encyclopedia for that one) and single crochet...I will be trying to make another one, paying close attention so I can write out the pattern...

I hope you all like...I'm very excited...I've always made stuffed animals (sewing mainly, crocheted ones recently) but they've always been from commercial patterns...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are so good for my ego right now...thank you, thank you so much...I'm so glad you all like it. Even my husband likes it...I was worried there for about a day while working on it because I wasn't sure it was going to turn out and I had to frog a bit and redo, and then all the sudden I looked at it and it's a sheep...it's really a sheep!!!!!

Yes, I'm very excited...

Thank you ladies...Katchkan, where in Washington State are you from???? I'll be home on Vashon for about a month or two in a couple of months...

Thank you, thank you...I swear the idea for this little guy hit me like a ton of bricks...I mean we had come home on Sunday and I was laying down for a nap and when I woke it, bam...the sheep was in my head...and I had a fair idea how I wanted to do it...kind of like crocheting by zen...

Always act on those kinds of inspirations...you never, ever know where they will lead you...

I'm thinking based on all the posts that this little guy is a "he", which is fine...we need a name...any suggestions?

Yeah, that was a consideration for a future sheep...but this one, the loop stitch was in my head for this guy for the texture...

I also think the Lion Brand baby homespun would be good too...so many options...

Archived