Annie's Attic - Free Pattern of the Day

Julie

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today (Aug 29) Annies Attic have a thread pattern that's not a doily. It's a teachers apple. I think it's cute. Might be great for a kitchen item if you don't know any teachers. Or a church teacher. Crochet teacher. Maybe someone who taught you something, as a gift for them. Anyone who likes apples (oh, my friend has an Apple theme in her kitchen!). Maybe you could stiffin it different to create other fruit... not sure if you could, but maybe... then you could do a thread fruit theme.

That is cute. You could make it in red with green leaves. There I go again changing things.:hook

When I saw it I thought the same thing!

i may have to dye it before I stiffen it! I also thought about changing it and making it look like a pumpkin for thanksgiving or Halloween! :hook

I love the afghan for today ! (Aug 31). Says you can use scarp yarn one some of it. I'm thinking it would be nice with lots of fall/autumn colors whether they were in a stash or bought new.

This says it's easy and it's from "The Easy Learn to Crochet in Just One Day" pattern book, so probably is, even with the clusters. Maybe one to watch TV by.

Debbi

Thanks for the heads up. It looks interesting and when I am doing afghans again I might just give it a try. I have also finally bookmarked Annie's page!

I love the afghan for today ! (Aug 31). Says you can use scarp yarn one some of it. I'm thinking it would be nice with lots of fall/autumn colors whether they were in a stash or bought new.

This says it's easy and it's from "The Easy Learn to Crochet in Just One Day" pattern book, so probably is, even with the clusters. Maybe one to watch TV by.

Debbi

Awesome idea!:hook

I love that pattern also. My niece just moved into a new house, and I thought I would make her one. Her colors are teal, and chocolate. I think I will add a beige, or aran as a third color. :hook

Today's pattern is an awesome aran afghan! I think my husband may love this one, and it just so happens I have exactly 48oz of white ww yarn that I hadn't figured out what to do with, beyond making an afghan with it. I just may have to do this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I did more thread, I would maybe attempt todays (11-28). Love the poinsettas (little flowers) and pineapple around this. I don't do as much thread as I use to. Just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone working with thread and want's a Holiday doily/runner.

If I did more thread, I would maybe attempt todays (11-28). Love the poinsettas (little flowers) and pineapple around this. I don't do as much thread as I use to. Just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone working with thread and want's a Holiday doily/runner.

I saved the pattern, figuring I'll try blowing it up, using sport weight yarn and see how big it gets. I think it'd make a really pretty tablecloth.

I saved the pattern, figuring I'll try blowing it up, using sport weight yarn and see how big it gets. I think it'd make a really pretty tablecloth.

That's a good idea.

Todays is accessories for a teddy bear. Hat & mittens in holiday colors. Might make a cute quick Christmas gift for some little kids you know.

Archived