Annie's Attic - Free Pattern of the Day

Julie

I don't know about anyone else but I am done with the free pattern of the day. (Today's pattern is nice, but there is a link to it that won't expire in 24 hours). I hate those ads that cover the pattern, you have to click 2x to get rid of them. They aren't "pop-up" ads so the pop-up blocker doesn't work. And the patterns are usually not that interesting anyway. I think I might have actually printed only 2 or 3 since they started. I just hate the ads covering the screen. They already have the ads at the side of the screen.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use Maxthon and this is how it looks on my screen.

aascreenshotki1.th.gif

Maxthon is pretty good at removing webpage junk. It can automatically

detect ads, and the ones that bypass Maxthon's filter, you can rightclick

and add them to maxthon's cotent filter.

Maxthon is a browser that runs on top of IE, and provides features

that are lacking in IE 6.0, like tabbed browsing, popup blocker and

bookmarks by groups. Give it a try!

• 1 month later...

Pineapples with Blue Flowers It's sooo pretty. I can just see this on my oblong slate blue glass dining room table with my white wicker bowl in the center. For those that have been looking for an oblong pineapple doily....this is it!

Sorry I didn't post about this earlier.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's how I remember to check Annie's Attic on a daily basis....instead of my browser opening with Google/Firefox/IE....I have it open directly to the Annie's Attic homepage. The free daily pattern is listed on it and I'm reminded to look at the pattern. Then I can just type in http://www.google.com or whatever and go about my business.

On a Mac click open your browser, click on it's Preferences, then on General. Change your home page url to http://www.anniesattic.com then close the window. Open your browser from your icon and Annie's Attic should be the first page you'll see.

For a PC click on START/CONTROL PANEL/NETWORK & INTERNET/INTERNET OPTIONS/ then type http://www.anniesattic.com in the home page space. Click APPLY then OK.

Now every time you open your browser to go to the internet, the first thing you'll see is Annie's Attic homepage with the free pattern of the day.

• 3 weeks later...

If you use Firefox, use Adblock Plus (an extension). It blocks everything!!! I don't even see most ads anymore.

I think it's also at Freepatterns.com. I was looking for a mouse and they have one, but not what I wanted and saw the baby seal. It is cute though!

Also for the popups if you wait a little bit, they disappear. At least they do on my IE. Sometimes I'll minimize the window and then come back to it and they're gone. Othertimes I close out the one and just wait on the second and don't worry about it...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Todays' Gardan cat quilt afghan might be a good stashbusting one. Well it would use some little bits of different yarn. I think they had it before, but it's a nice afghan.

I was thinking it might be cute to make that into different afghans... I like the butterflies and that could be a cute afghan by itself. Or the tulips. Or even just the cat in the center (to make it easier). My aunt might like just the cat.

• 3 weeks later...

The pineapple hanger pattern today is really cute. Problem - Large plastic egg-shaped panty hose container ... I haven't seen one of those in about 4 forevers. I'm not sure they're even used anymore. :think

Usually they are in the cheaper grocery stores that carry a tiny section of hose. Otherwise, usually the tops of food containers work as well.

Today's (Monday August 27th) pattern is a beautiful pineapple doily with either popcorn or cluster stitches. It's perfect for all the thread/pineapple lovers. Double Delight

Archived