Annie's Attic - Free Pattern of the Day

Julie

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps it will keep him warm when he's getting beat up after school.

LOL. After reading your post, I just had to go back and take a second look at that sweater. You are so right, that's definitely not something I could see the teenage boys around here wearing.

And that poor model looks miserable.

• 2 months later...

Today's pattern (Dec. 21st -- Winter Lace Tree Skirt) is absolutely gorgeous. I've saved it for future reference, though when I'll ever have the time or patience to do it is beyond me. Still, never know ....

• 1 month later...

You all have to check out today's pattern. ***! http://www.anniesattic.com/free_pattern_day/index.html

its called Charleston Rose. I download these everyday! (don't know what I'll do for the next 5 days (without net access) but... this one is sooooooo beautiful! Thinking adapting to loveseat cover, or cushion cover!

thanks, Cynthia.

ps. when I emailed them, here's what they said about their FP site.

The Free Patterns site will undergo a face lift and should be much more

simple to log on and download patterns! We should have the new features in

place by Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2007. Best of all, it will not require a password

to access the site, and we are adding hundreds of new patterns. You might

find some patterns here that will interest you.

FYI.

I agree with Mermaiden, I copy and paste the photo and the pattern only (not all the ads) into word, and then I print it out.....saves paper and ink!:yes

The pattern for today...February 1st is the Love Bug....what a cute little guy!

• 2 weeks later...

I also copy and paste into word. I then put it in 2 columns (move the columns if I need to to fit the photo) and move the margins and columns (usually not the left incase it gets hole punched) this way it takes up even less paper. Sometimes I can get it to one page.

I love today (Feb 12), that Happy Hair Doll is so cute! I think I know 2 little girls who would love this.

• 2 weeks later...

Today's pattern (Feb 23rd 2007) is the Pretty Patchwork afghan from the cover of 101 Granny Squares.

Whee!! That afghan is probably the main reason I'd want to buy the book, and now I have the pattern for it. Doesn't mean I won't still end up with the book in my collection, but I'll wait until I can find a used copy for cheap now. Besides, I have enough projects to keep me busy for the next decade, even if I knit and crochet every day.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a brief How-To to keep you from missing that daily pattern....

Caveats: These instructions are for WinXP. I have not tested them on any other OS. This won't work if you computer is turned off... or if you stay logged out for days at a time...

1.) Open Notepad (preferably).

2.) Now copy and paste one of the following two lines into Notepad.

If Firefox is your browser of choice:

start firefox http://www.anniesattic.com/free_pattern_day/printer.html

If IE is your browser of choice:

start iexplore http://www.anniesattic.com/free_pattern_day/printer.html

3.) Once that is done, save the file someplace that you will remember (the 'My Documents' folder sometimes makes a good choice), with a name that makes sense to you and a '.bat' extension. (Mine is 'AnniesPatternOfTheDay.bat')

Please make sure you have the 'Save as Type' at the bottom set to 'All Files'. (Very Important.)

4.) Once this is done, open the 'Control Panel'. Inside you should see 'Scheduled Tasks'... click that. Now you should see 'Add a Scheduled Task'... click that.

5.) Click 'Next'.

6.) Click 'Browse', and locate the .bat (batch file) you just created and saved. Once you have selected it, click 'Next'.

7.) Name the Scheduled Task something that makes sense to you.

8.) Under 'Perform this task', select 'Daily'.

9.) Set your start time to '12:05 am' or '6:00 am" or whatever you would like.

10.) Set the 'Perform this task' to 'Every Day'.

11.) Click 'Next'.

12.) Enter the username and password you use to login to the PC.

13.) If you leave your computer on all the time, then that's all you need to do, click 'Finish', and you are done.... :clap

However, if you shut down your machine regularly or have frequent power outages....

14.) Make sure the 'Open Advanced properties' checkbox is selected before you click 'Finish'.

15.) Once that is done, you should get another window. The second tab should be 'Schedule'. One that tab, check the 'Show Multiple schedules' checkbox.

16.) Now click the 'New' button that was created.

17.) Change the 'Schedule Task' dropdown to 'At Logon'.

18.) Click 'OK'.

Now, you're done!!! :clap

Basically, what will happen is this.... at the time you specified (or at the time you logon, if you added that part) the batch file will open the browser for you and direct it to the Annie's Pattern Print page.

Also... this should be handy for some of you out there... http://www.pdf995.com/ has a couple of apps that will allow you to 'print' (virtually that is) anything to PDF. It comes in great handy for those of us (me) who don't have printers, or who are trying to save trees.

Hope this helps!!!

:manyheart

Archived