Sign in to follow this  
eurolyons

Kitty Clock show and tell

Wanted to show off the kitty clock I made for a friend for Christmas. This pattern can be found on www.freepattern.com At the time, however, it was featured in I believe Crochet World magazine, I think the June issue of 2005...

47b6df28b3127cce9628479e493e00000015108BZuHDlwyao

One real change I made to the pattern besides color (now the cat looks like she's related to the Blue's Clue dog...) was that I just didn't want to make the mouse...so I took one of Serenghetti's toy mice from a package of several toy mice that she got for Christmas and hot glued it onto the pendalum...my friend really, really, really liked the clock...and so do her daughters...

That is so cute! FYI the pattern is HERE as well (on Crochet Pattern Central as a PDF file) It's called Kooky Kat Clock At least I THINK that's the same pattern :think Another project on my To Do list <sigh> LOL

Tina

BTW, I really like yours done in the Blue's Clues colors! And the idea of the toy mouse is great! I would have never thought of that! Nice work!

I didn't even realise that I had done it in Blue's Clues colors until I was uploading the picture to post in another journal...and yep, that's the same pattern...the Kooky Clock...I didn't realise that Rachel had the pattern linked to her site as well...but like I said, I had the magazine it was originally in...there were some other patterns in there that I did too (only to find at least one of them on freepattern.com now...:lol could have saved some money on subscription fees...oh well, it's still worth it...)

I was worried that my friend would be upset that I didn't make the mouse, but "cheated' and glued on the toy mouse...but she was charmed by that...because she really likes my cat...so now when she looks at the clock she thinks of me and Serenghetti...

Thanks again.

I was worried that my friend would be upset that I didn't make the mouse, but "cheated' and glued on the toy mouse...but she was charmed by that...because she really likes my cat...so now when she looks at the clock she thinks of me and Serenghetti...

Awww..... :hug That's wonderful!

Tina

Thanks Yarncat...

I had never seen a crocheted clock before, and certainly not a kitty one! It is great. Your friend is very lucky. I love the mouse, too. My kitties have those, too. Thanks for sharing! :clap

Thank you Christina, Rosemary and CrochetKitty...I'm so glad everyone likes the cat clock...

Oh man, I really love it. And I'm so glad I was able to get the pattern. Looks like I might be making it. :manyheart

Okay; this one is going on my To-Do list!! We love cats around here and I'm going to have to do one in brown and black tabby stripes! :lol Thanks for sharing.

I actually thought of Periwinkle when I saw your clock...my kids LOVE Blue's Clues and the little kitten (Periwinkle) is one of their favorite characters. :D

Very good, what a fantastic gift for a cat lover. :cheer:manyheart

I'm so glad you all like the clock...I have to admit, when I first saw the pattern, I really wasn't all that impressed...but when I did the clock, inspite of having some problems with it as I was putting it together and making it run right (it's all fine now) both my husband and my friend felt it looked much better than the sample picture...it grew on me especially after my friend was so happy with it...

Anyone know the name of Bob the Builder's Cat (I was getting that cat mixed up with Blue's Clue's cat...)

The clock turned out so cute. I would of never thought to crochet a clock. Hmmm...the ideas are rolling in my head.;)

Hey there Diva Born and Terrijo...thank you for the compliments. My friend tells me the clock continues to work well and brings a smile to her face every day!

That is so cool. Yours definitely looks nicer than the picture. Wonderful work! :clap

I have never thought that clock can be crochetted! :coo That's amaizing! :yay

Elena

That is the cutest! I just love cats

Hope