Hello to all from djbee in Virginia

Guest djbee

Hi- I was so happy to find your board. None of my friends crochet, so it sure will be great to visit with you all and talk crochet. I learned to crochet in Jr High Home Ec class...how many years ago? Maybe 1970? (shudder) I went through the hat and scarf stage, the toy stage, the filet crochet stage (burned out on this one after completing a series of window panels for a house) , the pillow and home decor stage, the kids sweater and baby blanket stage...you get the idea. My latest project was a poncho (OK- everyone's latest project was a poncho, right?) for my daughter.....it was really more fashion statement than anything else. I would really like to complete an afghan. I start them, but rarely finish them. It was great to see the sampler afghan you are working on. I think you may give me the motivation to FINISH an afghan! :fc

(edit) guess I'll have to change my avatar! That isn't me! It's a photo of my favorite Country Western singer I took when I saw him this summer in concert. I belong to his fan club board, and I guess it carried over from that.

:hi Hi Donna, welcome! I've never made an afghan or a poncho :)) but I do crochet a lot. (I use thread...I'm a doily/bookmark/clothing/flower person.) Plus I do crochet in a different form...my website. So, I keep busy. :D

Welcome Donna! :hi

This is a great group :grouphug and you will probably find that a Country Western avatar will be accepted with open arms!!! :hug2

:welcome Donna! Whereabouts in Virginia are you? I lived in VA Bch for almost 5 years before we moved to Germany last Feb. and we're planning to go back there when this tour is over.

Glad you found the board! Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your projects!

Marvie

Hi Donna B. :welcome to the board You just leave your avatar right where it's at.....Some of us really like country western music. Me being one of them! Yee haa!

Thanks! lol I will get the afghan done this time for sure! :help I'm going to start with one of those ripple star round type afghans- I want to do it out of camoflage with black for contrast....this is for my son...you know, daughter gets poncho, son gets.....

I live in Fairfax, Va- a suburb of Washington DC.

Nice to know there are some country fans out there (thought I was the only one)

Donna B, There are a few of us country music fans on this board, apparently you haven't met up with PaisleyAngel Yet......I bet you can't tell who her favorite is. (hehehe)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived