Cro Tat Published Book

ferosah

Ferosah, it's so nice to rub elbows with a talented published artist such as yourself. Your work is lovely and you have accomplished what many of us only dream about. What a priviledge to be a member of this forum where all the crochet experts gather!:hug

Hi Roli,

I am the one who is honoured to be among such a wonderful group of crocheters. I have been blessed with the gift for designing but it's all you wonderful supportive crocheters who has made me a successful designer. The support ad encouragement is what keeps me going. Thank you for your kind words I appreciate you.

Hugs

Ferosa

Thank you so much, Ferosa - that's great news! I know Vicki well, at Crochet Australia, and I'm glad they will be stocking your book soon. When I looked through their catalogue, it wasn't listed, that's why I asked about it. It will be something to look forward to!

I enjoyed participating in your Fairy crochet-along last year, but I find filet crochet is too hard on my hands now, so have had to give that up. My granddaughter is enjoying the fairy so it was worth the effort.

Maureen

Congrats Ferosa:yay

I tried cro-tat before, but could not seem to get it right. It seemed a little complicated. Maybe if I get your book, it will make it easier.

By the way, is it true that you are the designer of the painted doilies ? I just love that book and the instructions are so easy to read.:hook

Thank you so much, Ferosa - that's great news! I know Vicki well, at Crochet Australia, and I'm glad they will be stocking your book soon. When I looked through their catalogue, it wasn't listed, that's why I asked about it. It will be something to look forward to!

I enjoyed participating in your Fairy crochet-along last year, but I find filet crochet is too hard on my hands now, so have had to give that up. My granddaughter is enjoying the fairy so it was worth the effort.

Maureen

Hi Maureen,

You're welcome my dear, Vicki is such a nice person to interact with. She is always prompt in answering queries too. It's a pity that you can no longer do filet, you did such a great job with the fairy crochet along. Your picture is still showcased in the fairy gallery. http://members.tripod.com/ferosah-ivil/id18.html

When you get your "Learn to cro tat" book and encounter any problems with the instructions don't hesitate to contact me ok. Hope you're having an enjoyable weekend.

Hugs

Ferosa

Hi Mary Jo,

Thank you for the congrats, I really appreciate hearing from you. Yes I am the designer for the "Painted Doilies" book. I appreciate hearing that the instructions were easy to follow. Making instructions as simple as possible is the one thing I try very hard to accomplish with my designs. Being self taught has been a plus for me in that area as I know how frustrating it can be trying to figure out a pattern. For me crochet should always be enjoyable.

The problem you had with the first set of how to instructions for cro tat was the dilemma of a lot of crocheters. I recieved numerous request for help when my first cro tat book "Distinctive Doilies" was published. I did a crochet along with step by step visual lessons for it and it was very successful. Finally people learned how to cro tat with the crochet along lessons. That was the reason why I decided to redo the instructions and add a wide range of stitches for the technique in a very user friendly format. Although this book was turned down twice, I didn't give up. My third attempt at submitting it to the publishers was fruitful. Unfortunately because the book was published I had to take down the crochet along website because the basic how to was similar. I hope you give it another try, and I'm always around to help out in any way I can. Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

HUgs

Ferosa

Hi Kathleen,

It was a great accomplishment to get this book published. I do feel proud whenever I see someone take the time to create one of my designs. Thanks so much for your wonderful comments, I appreciate hearing from you. Have a great day

Ferosa

• 5 years later...

Anyone know where I Can find this book? Just discovered it and can't find it anywhere..not ebay, amazon.. help!

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know where I Can find this book? Just discovered it and can't find it anywhere..not ebay, amazon.. help!

It doesn't seem to be available any more which is a great shame as it is a lovely book. I saw one on eBay about a month ago and was outbid. It went for over £16 - that is UK pounds not US dollars.

• 10 months later...

Archived