Hi! New to Crochetville

phatballet

Hi, All,

It's nice to be part of a community that values crochet! I have lots of wonderful (but snooty :hyper ) knitting friends who give me that look :o when I say I crochet. I love 'em, though. :fall

I'm looking forward to participating in the forum and to sharing in the support and enthusiam you guys have for crochet.

A little bit about me: I'm a college professor who started crocheting (again) this past spring to help relieve stress. :th

I have to give credit to two folks for unknowingly encouraging me me try crochet again after 10, 15, 20 years or so. So, off to my local Wal-Mart (not much other choice in the smallish town I lived in then--I live in a bigger town now, a city, even) to purchase my first hook and yarn in decades. The small city I live in now has a specialty yarn shop and my snooty kniting friend has such passion for her fiber art that she has infected me a bit. I now have a passion for crochet! :cheer2

I've purchased way more yarn than I probably need to have right now, but I can't help it: some of the yards are just gorgeous.

Anyhow, that's a little bit about me. I look forward to getting know you folks, too.

:bounce

Denise

hi denise welcome to our site. always glad to have a new friend. what do you teach ? my son is also a college professor and teaches computer applications. he also says the job can get stressful, so i'm glad that you are able to get rid of some of the stress, been trying to talk my son into learning but he laughs at me. MEN!!!!! anyways welcome. vicki:)h

Thanks for the welcome. :))

I teach communication and performance studies. I look at how humans communicate with one another in different settings.

Keep working on him. Maybe one day he'll come around!

:fc

Hi Denise! :welcome to Crochetville! Boy, do i know what you're saying about those faces :o or :ohdear My favorite "yarn" shop is really a knitting shop and some people are really :U about crocheting... I'm glad that you've found us though, and are "re-embracing" crochet. Good to meet you

Guest modeknit

It's a shame some folks aren't open to other types of yarnwork - I've experienced the same 'snootiness' and it makes me very sad!

As far as I'm concerned, knowing how to crochet would make any knitter a BETTER craftsperson! Oy.

Welcome - from another newbie!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived