2011 ~ Motifs for Charity

Crochet Crone

Crochet Crone: Do You have the pattern for that afghan, with Grannies Daughters?? That looked really pretty and I would like to make one to donate. Also, where can those circles be donated to?? I can make extra's to donate as well. Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're still looking for some centers to granny squares, I inherited a few, and I know my Aunt would have loved to support a charity. I'd like to send in a few from her own handiwork and a few from my own if you're interested still.

• 10 months later...

Granny's Daughter

Materials: Approx. 2 1/2 yarns worsted weight yarn, US size "I" hook

Finished size: 1.75 inches

ch 5, sl st in 5th ch from hook to form loop

Round 1: ch 3, [2 dc, ch 2, (3 dc, ch 2) 3 times] in loop, join with sl st in top of beg ch 3, fasten off, weave in ends.*

I will help when I can, I have so many projects going my head is spinning :P

Laura

• 2 weeks later...

Lori

I have some grannies daughters I started a while ago. If you want them (it's about a half of one of those bags that sheets sometimes come in) I can send them your way, just PM me.

Thanks

Joyce

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

if you would pm me your address i know i can help out...ALOT! i have 2 plastic bins and God knows how many coardboard boxes full of yarn! i have just a few other projects i need to get done first but i will definitely help out! my hubby will be happy cause he jokingly tells me bring any more yarn in here (my office) the floors gonna collapse...... i just laugh at him!

if its ok my granddaughters may be two rounds instead of just the one...or i may send a variety.....who knows!

thank you for helping me destash so i can get more yarn hee hee hee hee!

:hug

• 8 months later...
I received a huge box from Holly with tons of daughters & yarns to play with!!!

Thank you so much Holly

You are more than welcome! I had made a granny's daughter afghan in the past, and I had just gotten into the habit of making them when I finished a skein of yarn. It's a great little project to carry around in the car! :hook

• 5 months later...

I've seen pictures posted of the yo yo's put together, but not the granny's daughters. Would love to see how the granny's daughers look when put together for an afghan.

I've been making them 1.5" from the Circles of Hope page, but saw on a post here 1.75" - now I don't know what size to make, or can all sizes be used.

• 1 month later...

Archived