Chris & Yumi's Tablecloth

Michele

Christopher's & Yumi's tablecloth:

I called to find out the tabletop measurements before I added the border just before Christmas and quess what they told me they were going to get a new dineing room set :lol I just added the last couple of motifs today and I'll put it to the side until they get their new set then I'll find out if I have to add more motifs before the border

Here's a picture

thc-y-tablecloth1.jpg

If you'd like to see a bigger picture here's the link:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/FMH_2004/Crochet%20Stuff/c-y-tablecloth1.jpg

OMG! This is the very pattern I've been working on for about 3 years:lol I just haven't been motivated to work with thread, but you've made me realize that I can get this done..I think I will go pull it out now:) Any suggestions on staying motivated? By the way, what thread did you use? I'm using Cebelia size 10 color 3033 which is a lt. tan.

Karen

Thanks for all the compliments :c9 This is the biggest thread project I've ever done. Chris & Yumi wanted me to make it for a Wedding present ( they were married in Aug) and told me no rush :lol

Karen: I used Cebelia size 10 thread in white and used a trick that one of the Nuns at work told me about . When working with alot of motifs in thread save your ribbon spools and wind thread around them then work up to the joining round, this way you can make up a ton of motifs then have a joining day :yay

I still have 4 more children that have to get married and they all told me "Mom I want a tablecloth from you as a Wedding present" :hug

I love:manyheart that tablecloth. It is gorgeous. How wonderful for your children that they have such a talented and generous mother. Hope their new table isn't too much bigger - it sounds like you have 4 more projects to get started sometime soon!

Did it take you a long time? (I'd love to try a tablecloth, but the time it might take always overwhelmed me.)

WOWZERS I haven't seen anything like that in ages You did an incredible job. Pat! pat ! pat ! That's me patting you on the back. Well done.:hook

Makes me glad I only had two daughters, I only had two to do. Four :eek :eek :eek :eek

Thanks for that hint. I will definitely remember that one.

Makes me glad I only had two daughters, I only had two to do. Four :eek :eek :eek :eek

Oh I just noticed you said four more, :scared Not four total. :eek:yell:eek:yell:eek That's Five Tableclothes Total. Well it looks as if you are plenty capable :D

Archived