Greetings from Northern Kentucky

LadyBeBop

Hi y'all. I'm Kathy, AKA Lady BeBop. I've been crocheting off and on for about 30-35 years.

I left my occupation blank, but I'll give a hint on where I work. I work for your worst enemy.

(Let's see how long before someone guesses correctly. The record is three minutes.)

Hello and welcome from WV.

I will guess The IRS!! LOL

35 minutes. Not bad, considering that most everyone is in bed. :)

Aussiecrocheter...I have a number of online friends in Australia. How far are you from Melbourne? My nephew will be attending the university there this semester.

Hello and welcome from the UK. It makes me really happy when I find out that people from the less "appreciated" occupations have lives too - sometimes it is all too easy to take it personally... (I come from a family of lawyers, although I'm a teacher, so I really know about the groans when the occupation question comes round).

Thanks for the welcome. :hug

Starting to be our busy time, but hopefully I'll have enough time to finish that Elvis afghan that I started as a family Christmas present. :ccompute

Welcome! You are heading into a very busy time at work - are you an auditor?

No. I'm in Innocent Spouse. :)

All right, what is Innocent Spouse?

Let's say that you and your husband file a joint return. Both are responsible for what's on the return and any additional assessment of taxes.

Then things get sour and you and he separate. :yell

Later, you find out that he's been hiding income from you, and now the IRS is coming after you for the back taxes.

That's where Innocent Spouse comes in. ;)

Believe it or not, I knew that! I work for the Mo. Public Defender and we intercept state taxes for our defense fees - unless part of the refund belongs to an innocent spouse!

BTW, I grew up in Louisville, KY and have made many trips to the Cinci area.

Hello Kathy! Welcome to Crochetville from an American living in Belgium! I'm on fairly friendly terms with the IRS as not only am I am accountant, but I have a fairly complicated return due to my living outside of the US, but still being employed in the US! You won't hear any complaigning about your employers from me as those I've talked to have always been friendly and helpful! Glad to have you join us! :hug

Archived