Pink Squares for friend with breast cancer

sissie44

Hello everyone,

I Just found out tonight at work (curves) that one of our reg ladies Has just found out that she has breast cancer:( and she is only 30! she is going monday morning for more tests to see just what they are going to be able to do! and the first thing I thought about was how Jimmie Lu had wanted to do a comfortghan for her cousin! I know I have not been here that long but I would really love to make a pink ( any shade) comfortghan for my friend here.

Would any of you have the time to maybe help out with a square to help me get this done real soon for her? 12" squares are the size i am going to do.

have a great weekend,

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when do you need them by, i could make a couple if ya need me too, any color of pink? i will try and make as many as i can for you, but am making my nephew one too. i am sorry about your friend:hug :hug

Yes any pink will do, I would think soon I haven't put a deadline on it. I'll let you know as soon as it looks like I have enough. I PMd each of you with my address

Thank you so much this mean alot to me!:hug

Hello Sissie,

I am so sorry to her about your friends diagnosis. I will keep her in my prayers.

I would be honored to help out with a square or more as Breast Cancer is a subject that is too familiar to me. My mother died this past July from it after less than a year after she was diagnosed. Her death came very quickly as she was doing fairly well for 10 months and then died after 2 weeks of unbearable pain and suffering. She was older and we think she didnt tell anyone for a few years nor did she go to a doctor about it. I am sure that since your friend is so very young that she will beat this nasty disease.

Please count me in for this wonderful thoughtful thing you are doing for her, I am sure she will appreciate your kindness:)

I'll help. :hug

Any specific pattern? I was thinking either just do a solid square in one shade of pink or a granny square in two shades. Or maybe one of each.

Let me know. :)

i am so sorry to hear about your mom, please accept my condolences. i know how hard it is as my mother is also not doing well. i hope you are doing alright. take care:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

Hello Sissie,

I am so sorry to her about your friends diagnosis. I will keep her in my prayers.

I would be honored to help out with a square or more as Breast Cancer is a subject that is too familiar to me. My mother died this past July from it after less than a year after she was diagnosed. Her death came very quickly as she was doing fairly well for 10 months and then died after 2 weeks of unbearable pain and suffering. She was older and we think she didnt tell anyone for a few years nor did she go to a doctor about it. I am sure that since your friend is so very young that she will beat this nasty disease.

Please count me in for this wonderful thoughtful thing you are doing for her, I am sure she will appreciate your kindness:)

got 2 done already, will try and do a couple more if i can. . i will also keep your friend in my prayers:hug :hug

Yes any pink will do, I would think soon I haven't put a deadline on it. I'll let you know as soon as it looks like I have enough. I PMd each of you with my address

Thank you so much this mean alot to me!:hug

I would love to help as well. What kind of pattern are you looking for? I just the hang of making granny squares, just the standard ones, but maybe that's too plain?

Let me know.

Lisa

Thank you so much Vicki...its been hard after her death as she had left her house to me and we have moved into it and are remodeling the house as it is so into the 70's.

The hardest part is that everything that was in here at first was my mothers, it took us some time to bring our things here. Slowly we are getting things together and getting on with our lives the best we can.

I am finally living each day without bursting into tears every 5 mins. I still talk to her daily and ask for her approval about things that I am doing each day, I guess its my minds way of knowing that she is still here with me, even if its only in spirit.

I hope you mother gets better, their is always hope and prayer to see you through:)

nothing wrong with doing that michelle. i too do it with my daddy. i miss him so much, he died 5 years ago and i didn't even get to see him before he died cause i had had back surgery and could not travel and he lived about a 1 1/2 hour from me. just take it one day at a time, and think how many memorys you will get to have with the house. i wish we could have afforded my grannies house. but the siblings wanted the money and it was way out of my reach. hang in there hon. take care and i will pray for you too, thank you for your care about mom, she will be in much better care, in the home, she is not getting the care she needs right now and that has to change in order for her to at least get where she can walk. then she can live with my sister. we of course will all pitch in and help, but thats where she will actually live :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug , if ya need a ear, pm me with your e-mail and we can chat if ya want.:manyheart :manyheart

Thank you so much Vicki...its been hard after her death as she had left her house to me and we have moved into it and are remodeling the house as it is so into the 70's.

The hardest part is that everything that was in here at first was my mothers, it took us some time to bring our things here. Slowly we are getting things together and getting on with our lives the best we can.

I am finally living each day without bursting into tears every 5 mins. I still talk to her daily and ask for her approval about things that I am doing each day, I guess its my minds way of knowing that she is still here with me, even if its only in spirit.

I hope you mother gets better, their is always hope and prayer to see you through:)

Being a breast cancer survivor I would love to help with this. Let me know where they need to be sent. You are a true friend and this will mean a lot to her. Just the thing to wrap up in when you need to feel the love

Nittany & beatr I PMed you my address.

Jimmie I got you too.

Is there anyone I have missed?

Thank you everyone for helping me on this:hug

I will let you know when i start recieveing the squares and once it is done I will take a pic so you can all see what a great thing you have done!!! :manyheart

OK Thank you :hug I will let you know when they arive here.

I have to work tonight so I will be seeing rose. I will find out how her tests went on monday and will let you know what they are going to do.

Hugs:hug

Archived