Wanted hat testers

Jimmie Lu

Ok Since I have more testers than I need what I will do is there are 2 variations I will PM half 1 version and the other half the other! And lets see what we come up with! Now I do not have the pattern typed so I will PM you all Monday

O.kay, I finished the hat this morning. I'm not sure which version of the hat I received, but there are 2 pictures on my blog (here).

The pattern worked up nice and I didn't have any troubles except on round 1 it called for 75 sc to be worked around the brim of the hat and I could only get in 65. I could have gone back in and spaced out another 10 but decided to see if it would work with the 65. I wasn't sure if the 75 was a typo and should have been 65. It worked out and my little boy (yes I know, he's modeling a girl hat) is 3 1/2 years old and has a fairly large head. :P

Jimmi Lu, I love the pattern. It is really cute! Very nice job. I can't wait to see the other version.

Jimmie Lu, I just loved the pattern too .. it was easy and quick .. so i made the hat in Blue and my daughter modeled for me .. hee hee .. i also used the ch 15 for the loops instead of the ten .. looks pretty good .. but since i am loose crocheter i used H for the band and the rest of the hat i used the G .. I might just do another one with the "G" hook to see if it would fit my 2 year old niece .. thank you for letting me test your patterns they are so easy .. i enjoy it .. please look at the photobucket for the pictures .. will have it on my blog soon :)

I'm almost done with mine and its a really cute pattern. It was very easy to follow. I should have it done tonight - and then I'd like to try again with better colors. I think the kids will love this hat - it's fun!

Looks good. You are a hat person arent you? I want to try to have at least 1 of my patterns published but I have not heard that anyone is accepting pattern submissions. Oh well I will have to wait and I will have a lot to send in. lol

O.kay, I finished the hat this morning. I'm not sure which version of the hat I received, but there are 2 pictures on my blog (here).

The pattern worked up nice and I didn't have any troubles except on round 1 it called for 75 sc to be worked around the brim of the hat and I could only get in 65. I could have gone back in and spaced out another 10 but decided to see if it would work with the 65. I wasn't sure if the 75 was a typo and should have been 65. It worked out and my little boy (yes I know, he's modeling a girl hat) is 3 1/2 years old and has a fairly large head. :P

Jimmi Lu, I love the pattern. It is really cute! Very nice job. I can't wait to see the other version.

Yours came out beautiful and your son as adorable.

When I did round 1, I could only fit in 70 sc. I do go and respace a bit and forced in 75. The hat poofs out a bit over the band. I wasn't sure if this was a mistake or by design. I'll have it finished tonight and will have a better idea, but I don't have an adorable model at home. Seeing a Liberty's photo, I think perhaps it would be better to have left just 70 sc in row one. I'll post a pic tonight. :)

I made up another one last night but used an I hook instead and it came out big enough that it fit on my head! :) It was too big for my 11 year old. So the pattern is easily adaptable for all sizes.

I REALLY love this pattern Jimmie Lu, it is one of the cutest children's hats that I've seen in quite some time and I don't think you'll have a problem getting it published. I'll keep my ears and eyes peeled for ya too and hopefully you'll have an opportunity soon to submit it.

WOW what a great pattern, so quick and easy to make. Mine is adult size so if i want to make it for a kiddie it would be easy to just use a smaller hook. i used a H and about 60g of double knitting wool. here it is -

P1150126.jpg

Isnt just the cutest! And to think I was goofing around and look what I came up with!!! I appreciate all of the testing I had another coment about the 75 stitches being around 65-70 so I think I will adapt it and test again to be sure I may have lost count!

I used Caron Simply Soft and my H hook. It came out adult size. You'll have to excuse the colors - I didn't know what it would look like so I started with red, but ran out before I finished.:eek I do plan on making more - either solid or with a solid on the cuff and loops and a varigated "body".

normal_IMG_2516.JPG

Archived