Greetings from Canada :-)

Guest NatashaW

Guest NatashaW

Hello everyone! :woohoo

My name is Natasha and I'm a novice crocheter. I have completed one thing. Ever. It was a shawl and it was fairly simple after my online friend LeAnna walked me through it. Pretty much step-by-step for 3 hours! I tried to do a few projects after that one, a bit more complicated and I just can't seem to "get it". :oops So I'm going to start by practicing and not just jumping into a pattern. Maybe I'll work on some various granny squares or something to occupy my time... but something I can actually finish. :cheer2

So I just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone and I'm sorry if I end up pestering anyone asking what seems to be silly questions but you might just have to put up with me for a bit until I get the hang of it. :ty

Natasha

Darlink!!!! You're here, you're here!!!!! I'm so happy! Go to the Crochetalongs forum and look up the ones for socks...I'm in there...actually, you'll see my posts scattered from place to place...

:wangel

Guest NatashaW

I did go there... I remembered you saying something about that so I had to check it out.

So :ty for giving me this link. I'm glad I found you.

I'm going to have to start with some simple patterns... nothing like the girls here do :wow

But it's okay.

I'm not giving up yet LeAnna. :rip

Natasha

Guest NatashaW

Wow look at all my visitors!!!!!

Thanks for visiting Pam, Julie, Rachel, Tiff, Natalie and Renee! :wave

I can't wait to get started and learn how to do this a bit better.

I'm thinking about starting with Granny Squares so I'm going to hunt some patterns for those down.

Natasha

Hi, Natasha! :hi Welcome to Crochetville! :welcome Yay, Leanna, for sending you here! :rock Definitely practice with some really simple things. Trying to jump into patterns right away will drive you nuts! :faint How about some dishcloths? :yes

Hey Natasha...testing out my siggie on you!!!! Aren't you the lucky one???

So, if you can see the link below...click on it...I know you've seen most of these pictures before...

Hey sweetie...you should like about going to Current Projects and posting a pic of the shawl we did. Now, this place seems to like http://www.photobucket.com better than shutterfly...but photobucket is free and not hard to use...

So, how 'about it...share a pic of the shawl we worked on via Messenger for 3 hours in the middle of the night my time?

Guest NatashaW

Donna I'm glad LeAnna told me about this site! I did a bit of practicing this weekend. But I have a lot to learn and a few questions So I'm going to keep on trying until it looks right. One pattern I started is a pot holder. :danc

LeAnna the siggie looks GREAT! I have seen those pictures before but it's always nice to be reinspired. I gave up on the baby set and am doing pot holders. It's one where you change colours so it's a bit more tricky then normal coasters or something. I'll have to check photobucket out then. :nod: I don't mind. I don't have any great pictures of the shawl though scanned into the computer. At least I don't think I do... and now I can't find it but I'll give it another look. :camera

hi lv2crochet thanks for visiting! :knit

I'm glad I found you girls too Deb.

I did most of a pot holder this weekend but my dog chewed my glasses on Sunday morning so I couldn't do too much on Sunday. I should be able to get back at it tonight though which will be nice.

I did some practicing using the Learn to Crochet CD I had bought a while back. It was prefect for relearning. The pot holder I'm doing is just a straight single crochet but there are yarn changes and finishing the edges so that'll be okay.

Natasha

Hey Sweetie...

I'm glad you're practising...and let's make your 2005 crochet challenge that you work up to the baby set that you started...meaning that you work on the pot holder and then onto another or something similar in degree of difficulty and so on until you feel you can tackle the baby set again...

It's really good to have you here...and there's another site within the ezboard community you should check out...The Crochet Club...I'll see about posting a link for you...

The Crochet Club

Very nice lady named Angie from Great Britain, who is a member here as well, runs that site...she does things like Mystery Patten...

Guest NatashaW

Yeah maybe I should set a goal. Like 20 pot holders this year! :ducky I think I'll aim to do a few of the really simple patterns from my CD that I can really understand. :yay2

That site looks pretty good too.

Thanks LeAnna.

Natasha

Guest NatashaW

Marvie your link is great and instructive.

One side of the potholder is almost done... I'm just working the loose threads into it now.

Natasha

Archived