Hello From Ohio

Guest KatyAnne

Guest KatyAnne

I'm a brand new member here. I didn't realize this site even existed until I was on Google looking for a pattern. I hope to find some new ideas and techniquest to use while I'm crocheting.

I just started crocheting about 1 month ago. I'm pretty new to it. With the help of my mother, grandmother and library course I am now able to crochet very well, or at least I think so :wink

I'll introduce myself now. My name is Katy, I'm 22 and from Ohio. Crocheting is pretty new to me, as I stated above, but my first project was a scarf and hat set for a child. I donated that to my local Helpline, which then donates items to less fortunate families so the children can have Christmas presents, etc. I was happy to donate to the Helpline, I know how cold our Ohio winters can be, so I hope this really helps someone have a nice Christmas, and that they also stay toasty warm for winter :flake Right now I'm working on a hat and scarf for my mom for Christmas. I have about 22" to go. I made up my own pattern, and I went to my grandma to get her advice about how long she thought it should be, and we decided roughly 60" would be a nice length. It is rather long to most people, but my mom has a long torso, so that way we can be sure it will fit her nicely.

Well, that's my story :bounce now I'm off to check out what all this site offers. I hope to get to know all of you better, and hopefully I can make a few friends in the process.

Happy Crocheting, Katy

Hi Katy,

I'm new here too. I think it's neat that both your mother and grandmother crochet too.

I bet your mom will love her Christmas present!

See you again on crochetville sometime!

~Karen (the Okie in England)

Guest KatyAnne

Thank you all for the warm welcome :))

labcrazy and lillian, where about in Ohio do you both live? I live in a little town called Shelby, in the North Central part of Ohio.

Welcome, I'm new here myself..but so far LOVING it! :thumbsup

Donna

What matters in todays world is not the difference between those who believe and those who do not believe, but the difference between those who care and those who don't.

:*ctree Welcome Katy! You're sure to find lots of fun here.

Glad you found us. :hi

Archived