Thread Mantel Scarf

yarnlover66

I hope you can see this picture. I had to scan it since it is an old photo. My aunt asked me to make this crocheted mantel scarf in 1997 for her fireplace in her new addition. However, to this day her husband won't let her put it on there because he said it hides the beautiful wood. :P :P :P :P

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/yarnlover66/Crochet%20Projects/mantelscarf.jpg

Honestly, I have no idea where the mantel scarf is now. I haven't seen it since the day I took that picture. The back of my picture says January 1997. It was an easy pattern, but took quite a bit of time.

Thanks for looking!

Well he is wrong...I think it enhances the wood. Could you get it back and convert it to something else....like a valance maybe?? Or better yet, send it my way, it would look terrific on my mantle, lol.:hook

I think I'd be putting hubby on the mantle - in an urn ;)

If your aunt still has it, perhaps you could suggest that she have a shelf made, for photos perhaps, to the same size as the mantle - but out of fibre board which has to be hidden. He could show off his mantle and she could show off your beautiful work.

• 2 years later...

Archived