Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker

manda

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I made Short'n Sweet, too! It was a lot of fun to make! Thank you for designing it.

Sorry, I forget to mention that I really enjoyed the book, and it is the only book I ever used so many times. I bought it a month ago, and I made a lot of projects from it, and still planning to make more. There are mistakes, but anyway, it is really great book. You can see on my blog some of the stuff I made from this book. The projects are really nice and fun, and very stylish.

And I did not have any problems with the binding, or pages being messed up, everything is as it is supposed to be.

My only disappointement is it is 80 degrees outside and I cannot wear this nice baroque jacket I made!

I got my copy yesterday. I really hate to say this, but I'm a bit dissapointed. Not with the instructional part - the beginning is GREAT -w ith all the explanations of the stitches, but there aren't many patterns there that I like or that I think I'll make.

With the multitude of pattern books on the market, The Happy Hooker is by far the one book that is FILLED with projects that I actually want to make. The beginning instructions at times are a tad confusing, although the missing 'chain' is often mentioned later (ie. "by the way..."). But take that critic with a grain of salt: I have not read through all the instructions yet. This book, coupled with Crocheting For Dummies, will definitely help me get my hook on! :hook

I got my copy yesterday. I really hate to say this, but I'm a bit dissapointed. Not with the instructional part - the beginning is GREAT -w ith all the explanations of the stitches, but there aren't many patterns there that I like or that I think I'll make.

Ditto. Although I did like one or two. I know it's been praised as the "IT" book when it comes to crochet, but for newbies just starting out, I think Crochet Me's "Visual Crocheting" is much better for actually learning HOW to do it. I'm glad I got my copy through the library instead of purchasing it.

I'd like to second PhotoJenic's suggestion for Visual Crochet. I've glanced through many "Learn How" crochet books, and Visual Crochet is the most thorough...especially for those who learn better with the combination of visual and written instructions. I have plenty of crocheting books now to supplement my learning - therefore, I haven't added Visual Crochet to my personal library - but I would definitely recommend it to someone wanting to learn to crochet!

Shows what different tastes we all have. I was one of the few disappointed in the calander.

This is one of the few books I do own as most have stuff I'd never make so they're not worth buying.

I've already made 5 Fat Bottom purses and am going to make at least one more. I've loved that bag since it was first posted and have been waiting for the pattern.

I also love the Sweet Pea shawl and plan to make it.

Those two patterns alone have made it worth it to me, even if I never make anything else from that book.

However I do plan on making three other bags, the fingerless gloves, and that wrap around sweater that's in there. All those were a bonus.

I didn't buy it for instructions or to learn how. I already know and there's certainly plenty of other books and help on the internet.

:)

My grand mother used to say "It sure would be a boring world if we all liked the same things" :think

Just got this book after all the great pics of short & sweet!

I see other things I want to make as well, but that bolero is too cute, had to have it lol! Thank you to LaVonne for the design.:clap Now if I can get the time to start a few projects :lol Have to make faster progress on my WIP list! I am moving short & sweet up the ladder though, as soon as I finish my craft sale items because I want this bolero for me me me! :manyheart

I'm hoping that at some point, photos of the projects will be posted so that people can take a look before buying online - you can go to knithappens.com and click on the Stitch N Bitch and SNB Nation thumbnails to view all the projects, but clicking on the SNB Crochet thumbnail takes you to the Bust shop instead. craftster.org has a forum just for the SNB Crochet book, so you can take a look at some of the patterns that people have done there, at least.

I was going to say, go to craftster and look. They have tons of projects done. Here's the direct link to the board of Happy Hooker projects:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=779dbe4853500c3db227b0260b61e658;board=229.0

There are a couple shrugs and such posted here at our board. I've done the Fat Bottom and I need to post my other four. :lol

Archived