Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker

manda

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, someone claims to have 30 copies of the book on eBay ready for the buying...

eBay Link

I called my local Barnes & Noble and after some himming and hawing I found out they definitely have no idea when it will be in, but many people have ordered it. Thank you Mr. Sales Rep. I explained it was on the B & N web site for immediate order and he said, "oh."... So looked on eBay and found one copy for auction and then the link above which is Buy it Now.

You're very welcome! Glad you're liking Tunisian.

I'm excited to see how they photographed my shawl. ;-) I don't know when we'll actually receive our copies. Probably not until last or something :( Deb said on the other board that BN had it, but not Amazon. I think it depends on which BN though.

:DHi!! Fancy meeting you here! I shoulda known you'd be waiting for this book!!! I got my dear hubby all over town and the internet and no concrete answers!

I bought a couple shawl patterns from you, a couple scarfs, and I'm on your

e-newsletter list so I get your updates! I always wanted to thank you for introducing me to Tunisan crochet! I LOVE IT!!!!!! Your great instructions opened me up to a whole wonderful type of crochet! Thank you:c9 so much

Okay... I did an eBay search and found a person selling THE BOOK. She has 20+ copies on Buy it Now.

http://stores.ebay.com/West-Sound-Books-and-Gifts

I cannot vouch for the seller and I am not attempting to promote the site, I just WANT THAT BOOK:box and the dumb book store people keep giving me firm "I don't know"s when I ask when they'll have it. I wrote the seller and asked her if she actually had the books in her hand or on back order like everyone else including Amazon. She wrote back the following:

Quote: "Hi, thanks for your inquiry. I actually have 2 cases of the books in hand. They were delivered from the publisher's warehouse yesterday. I'm kicking myself right now for not ordering enough. I placed my order for these last July. Thanks a bunch, Marilyn."

So I went ahead and bought it for $10.95 and $3.50 S & H. Don't know what the bookstore price is gonna be, but I DON'T care! I want to know it is on its way!

WHEW... I need to calm down here:lol

EDIT COMMENT: After posting I tried the link and it goes to MY transaction, not the Buy It Now link... but you can look at her auctions and it's in there...

i bought my copy at my LYS today .. i like to support local business.. i had to pay cover price but really didnt mind at all !

Well, I wish it was in my hot little hands right now, and I would have loved to support my local yarn shop, book store or anyone that would have it, but I just can't seem to get evena definite maybe as to when it will be here:shrug ... I do a lot of eBay shopping.... PowerBuyer!!!....and I received a shipping number from USPS and also a personal e-mail from the seller since I had enquired as to whether she actually has it... I'm hoping it will be here really soon, but ThreeOlive, I'm definitely envious:drool

I ordered mine yesterday from Barnes and Noble. Probably a couple dollars more more than I should have paid but if I actually go TO a bookstore, I'll end up buying even more books and so I probably actually saved money this way. :lol

You are wise to avoid the book store... I too went to Barnes & Noble day before yesterday searching for S & B Crochet... while alas they did not have it, I was able to find another $95 worth of crochet books to help me through the disappointment!:goodorbad

i will say this.. i wasnt totally blown away but i wasnt disappointed either..

there are many things in the book i will make.. and Carmen i have to say i am in love with the sock monkey set you have in there.. i will also say that if i buy a book it HAS to have at least 3 things in it i will make.. and this one has more than that.. plus helpful hints and all that jazz.. i am excited to have the book but wont be starting a new project til at least monday .. if not later in the week .. just too busy to do it now ..

Thanks Elizabeth - I've been waiting anxiously for the book to come out and see what my stuff would look like and I thought they did a great job - that lil baby is so cute. I liked the book overall, I hadn't flipped through any of the other SNB Knit books before - so I didn't know what to expect. I got mine at the Woolie Ewe if anyone is in the Plano, TX area - they had sold 6 so far...paid full price for the paperback - $17 with tax, I think. Not bad, considering all the patterns you get.

I don't know when we'll actually receive our copies. Probably not until last or something :(

When the publishers get it in, they'll mail them to us. According to Deb, the publishers should get them by next week, so hopefully you will have your copy soon! Since I live out in the middle of the ocean and publishers will sometimes use Media Mail to cut back on the cost, I can expect to wait for a few more weeks. *sigh* Hopefully my LYS gets their order soon! I can't wait to see all the projects!

I got mine for about $17 at Hastings. It's literally the only store that sells crochet/knit books.

I like the patterns! It's a nice book explaining stitches, etc but I mainly bought it for the patterns. There's cute little handbags, cardigans, a beautiful shawl, cute monkey beanie & afghan, and even bunny slippers. I like this one better than the original knitting book. No bias or anything of course ;)

:wooI got my S & B Hooker today!!!!:woo And I love it!!!!! I ordered it off eBay (put a link for the seller in an earlier post if anyone is interested ~my situation was of not being able to get a good answer as to WHEN my LYS or book store would have it). I ordered it on the 17th, paid via Paypal, and it's here on the 21st!!!!! There are at least eight patterns that I'm gonna start right now:jumpyay (just kidding - gotta go back to work in a few minutes... maybe I'll start them all tonight:2rock ) I am very pleased!!!!! I bought the first two, S&B and S&B Nation and I don't even knit!!!!:waving but I love her writing style! Was so happy when I heard there was S&B Crochet and NOW I HAVE IT!!!!:bounce

I got to see it tonight at out local yarn group and I thought it was great! Lots of fun and hip patterns-cute shrug, belts, jacket, purses and the sock monkey stuff is really cute!

I have mine on order at Overstock if it ever comes! Grrr-someone else got one from there already and I preordered in Dec and nothing!

I think it will be $ well spent.

Archived