Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker

manda

Has anyone seen this book yet? I have been waiting for it to come out for months now, thinking about ordering if from Amazon, it says it is available now. I was just wondering if anyone has flipped through it yet and what did they think? I did a search of this forum and didn't find any previous posts about it. I thought there would be a lot more talk about this book.

*Edit* Ok, I just did another search and found a post saying Amazon will start shipping on January 6th, so maybe I am asking too early for info about this book. My local bookstore doesn't have it yet. :(

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I work at a bookstore (http://www.fullcirclebooks.com) and as far as I can tell, the publication date is February (trying to nail down a specific date is like pulling teeth). I've seen things delayed before, but this isn't the kind of book that gets delayed. I expect my copy at the store around the middle of February.

Oh great-I prepd for this back in December at Overstock.com They are great for most things but try to get your $$ back for something and it's impossible! Hope they get it before April! I don't mind waiting until February but not April-whine, whine ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there, I posted about the delayed release on my blog and received a comment from one of the contributors. Check it out here. Could very well be March before we see it. Hopefully it's well worth the wait!

there's a note on craftster from Debbie Stoller stating that select Barnes and Noble's would have it on the 13th. I called the two big ones in our area (Dallas) and they said they didn't have it but show it coming in on the 18th.

I'm dying to see it too. They posted the real cover (finally). They had a bogus one up for the longest time.

<<waving to Paulatte>> I remember talking to you last year, at about this time. If I recall correctly, you bought a shawl pattern from me. How are you?

Received confirmation from Amazon that my book has been shipped. Oh, I can't wait.

Amazon is still telling me that I'm expected to receive mine in late March. The site says the book hasn't been released yet. Hmm... wonder what's up with that.

Amazon is still telling me that I'm expected to receive mine in late March. The site says the book hasn't been released yet. Hmm... wonder what's up with that.

When I checked Amazon today, it still says it hasn't been released yet. I can't find a release date either. I do know from reading the various knitting boards out there that there is a trademark battle going on over the title of the book. That may well explain why the release dates kept on getting pushed back. Weirdly enough, Walmart is showing that it is in stock. So, maybe it's been released. Who knows?

QUOTE=NexStitch]I'm dying to see it too. They posted the real cover (finally). They had a bogus one up for the longest time.

<<waving to Paulatte>> I remember talking to you last year, at about this time. If I recall correctly, you bought a shawl pattern from me. How are you?QUOTE

:DHi!! Fancy meeting you here! I shoulda known you'd be waiting for this book!!! I got my dear hubby all over town and the internet and no concrete answers!

I bought a couple shawl patterns from you, a couple scarfs, and I'm on your

e-newsletter list so I get your updates! I always wanted to thank you for introducing me to Tunisan crochet! I LOVE IT!!!!!! Your great instructions opened me up to a whole wonderful type of crochet! Thank you:c9 so much

Just to throw in my two cents. I preordered it from amazon in october and my account still says "not yet shipped" but the expected delivery date is "February 13th to 17th". I'm waiting patiently.

Archived